Death of Australian American Idol Shocks Nation
By Pooja Bhagat | August 11, 2014 4:37 PM EST
Australian origin "American Idol" finalist singer Michael Johns dies suddenly at the age of 35. He succumbed to a blood clot in his ankle.
Australian heartthrob and singer Michael Johns passed away unexpectedly at the prime age of 35. A blood clot in his ankle created some complications which led to his death on Friday, August 1, 2014. He is survived by his wife Stacey Vuduris who is a Los Angeles-based interior designer.
Michael Johns' former name was Michael Lee. After attending Newman College in Perth, he landed in USA with a scholarship and soon settled in Atlanta to pursue his music interests forming a band called Film. In 2002 , he signed a contract with Maverick Records as a solo artist.In 2007, Michael Johns auditioned for "American Idol" Season 7 and finished eighth in the final. He was much appreciated and loved contestant among the judges and fellow contestants.
Following the show, Johns worked on Shaun White's album and sang most of the numbers in "Don't Look Down." In 2009, he released a solo album "Hold Back My Heart" which was much appreciated all over.
Michael Johns met his wife Stacey Vuduris way back in 2003 and after a steady relationship, they tied the knot in 2007.
The music fraternity and American Idol family is still in shock over this news. As soon as the news broke, a huge number of people associated with the show and otherwise as well started pouring the condolences to his family members.
The condolences came through twitter and other media. Simon Cowell who judged the show in season 9 was deeply saddened by the devastating news.
Equally in mourning were Randy Jackson and Season 8 judge Paula Abdul who conveyed their condolences to the family through twitter.
"Our family is devastated by the passing of our beloved Michael, a wonderful husband, son, brother, uncle and friend," the singer's family said in a statement on Saturday via USA Today.
"We appreciate the outpouring of love and support we have received from all corners of the globe. Please keep Michael in your thoughts and respect our need to grieve privately in this difficult time."
Michael Johns is cited as a talented soul by Fox, Fremantle Media and 19 Entertainment.
Apart from a talented musician, Michael Johns was also an avid tennis player who dreamed of competing in Wimbledon someday. Irony of the situation is that it was tennis which brought him to U.S., but it was music which got him fame and acknowledgements.
Michael Johns will always be loved and missed by all the music lovers and his fans from all over the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon