Death of Australian American Idol Shocks Nation
By Pooja Bhagat | August 11, 2014 4:37 PM EST
Australian origin "American Idol" finalist singer Michael Johns dies suddenly at the age of 35. He succumbed to a blood clot in his ankle.
Australian heartthrob and singer Michael Johns passed away unexpectedly at the prime age of 35. A blood clot in his ankle created some complications which led to his death on Friday, August 1, 2014. He is survived by his wife Stacey Vuduris who is a Los Angeles-based interior designer.
Michael Johns' former name was Michael Lee. After attending Newman College in Perth, he landed in USA with a scholarship and soon settled in Atlanta to pursue his music interests forming a band called Film. In 2002 , he signed a contract with Maverick Records as a solo artist.In 2007, Michael Johns auditioned for "American Idol" Season 7 and finished eighth in the final. He was much appreciated and loved contestant among the judges and fellow contestants.
Following the show, Johns worked on Shaun White's album and sang most of the numbers in "Don't Look Down." In 2009, he released a solo album "Hold Back My Heart" which was much appreciated all over.
Michael Johns met his wife Stacey Vuduris way back in 2003 and after a steady relationship, they tied the knot in 2007.
The music fraternity and American Idol family is still in shock over this news. As soon as the news broke, a huge number of people associated with the show and otherwise as well started pouring the condolences to his family members.
The condolences came through twitter and other media. Simon Cowell who judged the show in season 9 was deeply saddened by the devastating news.
Equally in mourning were Randy Jackson and Season 8 judge Paula Abdul who conveyed their condolences to the family through twitter.
"Our family is devastated by the passing of our beloved Michael, a wonderful husband, son, brother, uncle and friend," the singer's family said in a statement on Saturday via USA Today.
"We appreciate the outpouring of love and support we have received from all corners of the globe. Please keep Michael in your thoughts and respect our need to grieve privately in this difficult time."
Michael Johns is cited as a talented soul by Fox, Fremantle Media and 19 Entertainment.
Apart from a talented musician, Michael Johns was also an avid tennis player who dreamed of competing in Wimbledon someday. Irony of the situation is that it was tennis which brought him to U.S., but it was music which got him fame and acknowledgements.
Michael Johns will always be loved and missed by all the music lovers and his fans from all over the world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar