This Man had A Full Grown Tooth in His Nose
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | August 11, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Many people experience nose bleeding, which is quite treatable a symptom.
But things turned out to be really strange with this 22 year old young man from Saudi Arabia.
According to the report by Live Science, this man suffered from nose bleeding once or twice in a month over three long years only to find out he had a tooth growing inside his nose. Physicians found a bony white mass of about 1 cm in his nasal cavity, which later on got confirmed by dentists as an extra tooth.
The new cavity treatment does not involve lasers or injections.
As explained by Daily Mail, nose bleeding usually occur in people who suffer from tonsillitis.
Surprisingly the man had a complete properly aligned set of normal teeth.
In order to find out a solution, doctors from the King Fahd Military Medical Complex, in Dhahran, extracted out the rogue tooth after putting the man under general anesthesia.
According to the report, which got published in the American Journal of Case Reports, the patient’s nose got healed and he suffered no more from nose bleeding.
While talking to Live Science, dentist Dr John Hellstein, professor of oral pathology at the University of Iowa told, “It's an unusual case of an extra tooth - certainly, the most impressive intranasal photo I think I've ever seen of one. I've never seen the tooth actually in there.”
He also explained that it was surprising as the tooth went undetected for such a long period of time.
It is believed that the man probably had a mesioden , a common type of extra tooth usually located near the incisors.
Dr Hellstein said that around a third of such teeth may develop upside down and can move towards the nose.
According to previous research, it was found that up to 3.9 per cent of people have more teeth which can come out at uncommon places.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner's Secret To A Slim and Sexy Body: All About Her Diet And Fitness Routine [Watch Video]
- Sleep Deprivation Among Teens Is The Main Cause of Low Academic Performance, Bad Behaviour And Lethargy, Finds Study
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Pilgrimage To Mecca: The Latest Health and Travel Advice For Muslim Hajj And Umrah With Regard To MERS-CoV
- Bill Gates Believes Ebola Could Spread Outside West Africa, Warns Countries Should Strengthen Healthcare
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate