PS4 Latest Firmware Update With New UI Confirmed Fake Plus A New Zombie Game Announced
By Gel Galang | August 11, 2014 2:34 PM EST
After the almost week-apart releases of the PS4 firmware updates 1.74 and 1.75, which featured minor bug fixes and the awaited Blue-ray 3D support, gamers went abuzz after supposed leaked images of the next PS4 were revealed.
A man plays a video game on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console at its showroom in Tokyo July 16, 2014. Japan's Sony Corp is hammering out plans to rise from the ashes of nearly $10 billion lost in six years by building a future around its last consumer electronics blockbuster - the PlayStation. Sony plans to reposition the video console warhorse as a hub for a network of streamed services, according to three senior officials, offering social media, movies and music as well as games. The executives spoke to Reuters on condition they not be named because the matters are still in early stages of discussion. Picture taken July 16, 2014.
The images were pointing to a new design of the user interface for the PS4, including improved notifications, updates and a way to arrange games. Sadly, Behind Games reports that the images have already been confirmed by Sony as fakes. This was confirmed by a Sony employee who goes by the name of "IWorkforSony" over at Reddit.
Still, the images at the link above are fine to look at, with some fans hoping that Sony really does push through with a similar update.
More Zombies For PS4 With '#killallzombies'
Though "H1Z1," Sony Online Entertainment's much-awaited survival MMO game, has not yet been announced for the PS4, there's a new zombie shooter title that will be debuting for Sony's next-gen console. And this time, it will be a PS4-first title.
Developer Beatshapers has taken it to the PlayStation Blog to reveal the announcement trailer of the game for the PS4. According to CEO and founder Alexey Menshikov, "#killallzombies" is a third-person shooter game that has a very competitive and (bloodthirsty) sports activity: releasing zombies into the civilian world with the aim of sports and survival. And TV spectators are given the chance to vote on how many zombies they want to release to make it harder for the players in the game to survive.
What's even more interesting—apart from the possibility of battling against 1,000 zombies at a time—is that the grounds of the arena can easily change the gameplay and landscape. Players can land in traps or spawn new weapons or obstacles. It's a changing dynamic time and again.
While the image of "The Hunger Games" does come to mind, this arena-battle game also brings in the idea of social interactivity, as it makes use of what Twitch Plays Pokemon has experimented on before—the idea of live broadcasting of a game's progress and having them participate to affect the gameplay.
One of the ways by which spectators can do this is voting for every 80 seconds in the game, whether they spawn zombies or timed bonuses. There's even a chance to change the angle of the camera to make it even harder for the player's survival, especially if the spectator is feeling a wee bit evil.
Menshikov said that the expected release date timeframe is sometime next month, but there are no official dates or details yet for now.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’