Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire CoroCoro Scans and Trailer Leak New Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny and Pikachu Cosplay
By Gel Galang | August 11, 2014 2:26 PM EST
"Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" has gotten this month's batch of CoroCoro reveals, which have also been confirmed by The Pokemon Company International and Nintendo.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
This time, there's an announcement that three new Mega Evolutions will be coming to "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," reports Serebii. The first is the Mega Altaria, a Dragon/Fairy type Pokemon with Pixilate and an increased Attack and Special Attack though decreased Defense, the Mega Salamence, which has an increased Defense and the Mega Lopunny, a Normal/Fighting Pokemon that has the High Jump Kick.
Serebii also features a couple of screenshots of the CoroCoro leaks featuring the newest addition to the list of Mega Evolutions in "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," as seen in the link above.
A Limited Rare Pokemon Coming for 'Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire'
"Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" may come in packed with a lot of Mega Evolutions, as a new trailer shows off these, plus a chance to get another rare Pokemon for fans who are willing to buy the game early.
Polygon reports that gamers who will purchase a copy of "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" before the launch can receive the Shiny Beldum with a Mega Stone through a character distribution event.
The trailer shows off the evolution of the Shiny Beldum into the Shiny Metang and finally the Shiny Metagross. This last evolution can easily be transformed into a Shiny Mega Metagross with a Mega Stone.
Pikachu Cosplay via the Pokemon Contest Spectacular
Mega Evolutions are not the only ones taking center stage for the new reveals for "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," as a Cosplay Pikachu, teased previously for the game, has also been given more details.
GameSpot reports that the Cosplay Pikachu is an upgrade of the normal Pikachu in the sense that the former has different abilities that cannot be learned by the latter. One example for this is the Pikachu Rock Star, which has a Steel-type move called Meteor Mash. Other Cosplay Pikachu types with revealed powers include the Pikachu Pop Star which has the Draining Kiss, a Fairy-type move that is effective against the Dragon-type Pokemon.
Each Cosplay Pikachu has a corresponding special move that is effective in battle against various types of Pokemons. Think of it as a power upgrade for the Pikachu that comes with the costume.
All of these can be seen in the latest trailer for "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" as featured below.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop