'The Sims 4' Update: Fewer Careers, Mod Additions And A New Cowplant Trailer
By Gel Galang | August 11, 2014 2:13 PM EST
At first, toddlers and pools were the first features to go in "The Sims 4," but it seems that the following features that will be removed are even more serious, this time going with fewer careers.
The smaller world for "The Sims 4" will also have fewer careers, as reported by IncGamers. So far, what has been listed as careers from those who have been to the Creator's Camp are the following:
- Entertainer: Musician/Comedian
- Writer: Author/Journalist
- Painter: Master of the Real/Patron of the Arts
- Secret Agent: Diamond Agent/Villain
- Criminal: Boss/Oracle
- Astronomer: Space Ranger/Smuggler
- Culinary: Chef/Mixologist
- Tech Guru: eSport Gamer/Start-up Entrepreneur.
These jobs can be attended to in schools, according to the Sims Legacy Challenge, where the school career will now follow objectives such as being promoted by raising grades from the starting point of C-students. There are also demotions in effect that can put players to the D-level.
At the end of the Sim's career, retirement is also a returning option, where they will get their daily pension check that is equivalent to a portion of their former salary, but players can also easily continue to work full time as an elder.
All About The Mods
In making "The Sims 4," the developers have put the thrust of enabling creativity for players at the forefront of the game. This is one of the reasons why a new technology has been the foundation of "The Sims 4," something that players who want to make use of the Custom Content function may highly value.
"It's still early days but we are hard at work on features that will make it easier for you to add, manage or remove Custom Content. We also want to reduce the chance that your Custom Content will be affected when we enhance or update the game," said the developers over at The Sims official website.
The change will be a slow one, with the Mods Directory being one of the basics for Custom Content. Maxis will be putting in more guides for easier decoding of files so that the Custom Content and "The Sims 4" will flow more smoothly.
In any case, creativity in "The Sims 4" is about to make things weirder in the game, just as this new trailer featuring the Cowplant shows.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery