'The Sims 4' Update: Fewer Careers, Mod Additions And A New Cowplant Trailer
By Gel Galang | August 11, 2014 2:13 PM EST
At first, toddlers and pools were the first features to go in "The Sims 4," but it seems that the following features that will be removed are even more serious, this time going with fewer careers.
The smaller world for "The Sims 4" will also have fewer careers, as reported by IncGamers. So far, what has been listed as careers from those who have been to the Creator's Camp are the following:
- Entertainer: Musician/Comedian
- Writer: Author/Journalist
- Painter: Master of the Real/Patron of the Arts
- Secret Agent: Diamond Agent/Villain
- Criminal: Boss/Oracle
- Astronomer: Space Ranger/Smuggler
- Culinary: Chef/Mixologist
- Tech Guru: eSport Gamer/Start-up Entrepreneur.
These jobs can be attended to in schools, according to the Sims Legacy Challenge, where the school career will now follow objectives such as being promoted by raising grades from the starting point of C-students. There are also demotions in effect that can put players to the D-level.
At the end of the Sim's career, retirement is also a returning option, where they will get their daily pension check that is equivalent to a portion of their former salary, but players can also easily continue to work full time as an elder.
All About The Mods
In making "The Sims 4," the developers have put the thrust of enabling creativity for players at the forefront of the game. This is one of the reasons why a new technology has been the foundation of "The Sims 4," something that players who want to make use of the Custom Content function may highly value.
"It's still early days but we are hard at work on features that will make it easier for you to add, manage or remove Custom Content. We also want to reduce the chance that your Custom Content will be affected when we enhance or update the game," said the developers over at The Sims official website.
The change will be a slow one, with the Mods Directory being one of the basics for Custom Content. Maxis will be putting in more guides for easier decoding of files so that the Custom Content and "The Sims 4" will flow more smoothly.
In any case, creativity in "The Sims 4" is about to make things weirder in the game, just as this new trailer featuring the Cowplant shows.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports