'The Sims 4' Update: Fewer Careers, Mod Additions And A New Cowplant Trailer
By Gel Galang | August 11, 2014 2:13 PM EST
At first, toddlers and pools were the first features to go in "The Sims 4," but it seems that the following features that will be removed are even more serious, this time going with fewer careers.
The smaller world for "The Sims 4" will also have fewer careers, as reported by IncGamers. So far, what has been listed as careers from those who have been to the Creator's Camp are the following:
- Entertainer: Musician/Comedian
- Writer: Author/Journalist
- Painter: Master of the Real/Patron of the Arts
- Secret Agent: Diamond Agent/Villain
- Criminal: Boss/Oracle
- Astronomer: Space Ranger/Smuggler
- Culinary: Chef/Mixologist
- Tech Guru: eSport Gamer/Start-up Entrepreneur.
These jobs can be attended to in schools, according to the Sims Legacy Challenge, where the school career will now follow objectives such as being promoted by raising grades from the starting point of C-students. There are also demotions in effect that can put players to the D-level.
At the end of the Sim's career, retirement is also a returning option, where they will get their daily pension check that is equivalent to a portion of their former salary, but players can also easily continue to work full time as an elder.
All About The Mods
In making "The Sims 4," the developers have put the thrust of enabling creativity for players at the forefront of the game. This is one of the reasons why a new technology has been the foundation of "The Sims 4," something that players who want to make use of the Custom Content function may highly value.
"It's still early days but we are hard at work on features that will make it easier for you to add, manage or remove Custom Content. We also want to reduce the chance that your Custom Content will be affected when we enhance or update the game," said the developers over at The Sims official website.
The change will be a slow one, with the Mods Directory being one of the basics for Custom Content. Maxis will be putting in more guides for easier decoding of files so that the Custom Content and "The Sims 4" will flow more smoothly.
In any case, creativity in "The Sims 4" is about to make things weirder in the game, just as this new trailer featuring the Cowplant shows.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up