Assassin’s Creed Unity and Rogue: New Gameplay Spotted and More Details for PS3, Xbox 360 Game
By Gel Galang | August 11, 2014 1:56 PM EST
The expected game for the PS4 and Xbox One, "Assassin's Creed Unity" has gotten a new footage that shows off the new gameplay coming with the game.
A woman dressed as Marie Antoinette from the video game "Assassin's Creed: Unity" promotes the game in the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
This was obtained by Game Informer as part of its ongoing coverage of the two-game combo "Assasin's Creed Unity" and "Assassin's Creed: Rogue." According to the report, the AC game for next-gen consoles is more focused on looking back and reworking the core pillars of the game to ensure that it is the next-gen game that everyone is looking forward to.
There is new emphasis for climbing, stealth, navigation and combat for "Assassin's Creed Unity," coupled with new controls in the game. This will emphasise the foundation of the game as being on stealth rather than opting for full-blown combat.
Common complaints from the previous game has also been dealt with, so that "Assassin's Creed Unity" will be an entirely different game from what fans have been used to.
The last details from the latest update also includes the confirmation that there will be new soundtracks for "Assassin's Creed Unity" so it really will be a much different experience altogether. Check out the new gameplay video in the link above.
'Assassin's Creed: Rogue' Details Revealed
Now that the PS3 and Xbox 360 AC game coming out this year has finally been confirmed by Ubisoft, the coverage for details have started, following the next-gen game "Assassin's Creed Unity."
So far, Gaming Everything has managed to snag the latest details, which include the setting and location of the story, a bit of gameplay mechanics and some side missions.
The first confirmed details is that the game will be the link between "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag" and "Assassin's Creed Unity," so there will still be the naval gameplay from the former game. Because of this, the lead character, Shay, will be piloting the Morrigan ship, which according to the source, has been changed to contain experimental weapons and guns via the Templar's funds.
"Assassin's Creed: Rogue" is also set sometime between 1752 and 1761 during the Seven Years' War, where navigation of the ship will also entail dealing with icebergs. The developers have made sure that these icebergs don't stand meaningless, as they can either damage the ship, be used as cover for the ship or be destroyed to create a reaction to the surrounding water.
Gaming Everything has also confirmed some two side missions. One is the Assassin Interception, which is fitting of Shay's transfer from assassin to assassin hunter, as it will entail stopping the killer from hunting his allies. The other is the Templar Control, where the player will still be acting like an assassin by taking over districts.
As Shay, players will be lugging an experimental air rifle, which can be used as a distraction with its firecracker capabilities or a troublesome weapon for the enemy with its shrapnel grenades, sleeping or berserker gas, and grenade launcher.
"Assassin's Creed: Rogue" is set for Nov. 11 and will be the final game featuring the Kenway Trilogy. According to VG 24/7, it seems that it will feature single-player only, though Ubisoft Sofia, its main developer, has not yet given official announcements.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown