Minecraft PS4, Xbox One Update from 4J Studios and a New Snapshot 14w32d
By Gel Galang | August 11, 2014 11:12 AM EST
As August unfolds, more people are expecting updates for the "Minecraft PS4 Edition," "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" and "Minecraft PS Vita Edition" from developer 4J Studios.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins/Files
And it seems that the developers are already far in the production of the game, with finishing the bugs as their priority at the moment.
"We're still working our way through the bugs. We'll let you know when we hand over to the Cert testing teams!" said 4J Studios over their official Twitter page.
It seems that there are a handful of bugs, considering the fact that the developers have been dealing with these bugs since mid-July. Mojang has promised way back in April that the new editions of "Minecraft: will be available come August this year.
New 'Minecraft' Snapshot Released
"Minecraft 1.8" update is still on course, as this time, the latest snapshot, Minecraft 14w32d has been released by developer Mojang.
"Snapshot 14w32d fixes the problem with joining dedicated server. It should not crash anymore," said the developer over at the official Mojang Web site.
The earlier snapshot had been focused on fixing issues including rendering block entities and collision handling when near walls. It has a shorter list of bug fixes, as listed below:
- Can't place blocks on TNT
- Cannot go upstairs if there is a carpet above a step
- Collision bug when player is moving up a slope adjacent to a 3-high wall
- Armor Stands consume armor in Creative/whole stack of items
- Existing/Old chests are invisible
- Jungle Planks craft Spruce Fences/Gates
- /entitydata doesn't change the pose tag on armor stands until you relog
The "Minecraft 1.8 update" has featured quite the number of additions in the recent releases of snapshots. These include changes such as the addition of the red sandstone and armor stand, rabbit sounds, optimizations, banners and the customization of servers for network compression.
As the snapshots have been released, there are now fewer bugs, which could signal that that update can be coming nearer and nearer to debuting. More updates are expected from the developer in the coming months, including the release date of "Minecraft 1.8."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence