'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': Aquaman's Powers Level Up
By Tanya Diente | August 11, 2014 11:11 AM EST
Zack Snyder may have hinted at Aquaman's involvement in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" recently when he defended the character's abilities on a radio show.
An anti-government demonstrator dressed as Batman yells slogans accompanied by passengers on a bus, during a protest against the 2014 World Cup in Rio de Janeiro June 12, 2014. Placard reads "We want to be the champions in healthcare, education and not just in football."
According to Badassdigest some morning disc jockeys in Detroit's 97.1 radio frequency were discussing about the DC movie. They were reportedly somehow belittling Aquaman's role. To their surprise a caller who named himself after the movie director called to defend the character.
Meanwhile, Slashfilm also provided a summary of the audio where Zack Snyder talked about Aquaman's "cool abilities."
According to the director, the "Justice League" member has a powerful weapon that can defeat the "man of steel." He claimed Aquaman's trident "could cut the flesh of Superman if they came in contact."
Zack Snyder claimed Aquaman is "super strong" because he "can exist at these super deep depths."
"So when he comes up here he's crazy strong," he said.
According to CBS, the caller identified himself as the director when he was asked, "Is this Zack Snyder?"
His reply was, "Hey, it's Zack, yeah..."
Slashfilm, thewrap and badassdigest also confirmed the caller was indeed the movie director. He claimed he was on his way to the movie's set when he heard the discussion on the radio. Somehow, he felt the DJs were being too hard on Aquaman. Co-host Bill McAllister explained they were only "questioning" his involvement in the movie. Although Zack Snyder didn't outright confirm Aquaman's role in the sequel, he however hinted that he may.
CBS claimed Snyder teased Aquaman's involvement in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" when he said, "It's not to say that he's in the movie or anything like that. But he has the potential to be bad ass."
Jason Momoa has been rumoured to play Aquaman according to Slashfilm. However, he has yet to confirm this role. But the site suggested he may actually be in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." He was seen working up a sweat at the same gym where Gal Gadot (Wonderwoman) practiced her rock climbing skills.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan