'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': Aquaman's Powers Level Up
By Tanya Diente | August 11, 2014 11:11 AM EST
Zack Snyder may have hinted at Aquaman's involvement in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" recently when he defended the character's abilities on a radio show.
An anti-government demonstrator dressed as Batman yells slogans accompanied by passengers on a bus, during a protest against the 2014 World Cup in Rio de Janeiro June 12, 2014. Placard reads "We want to be the champions in healthcare, education and not just in football."
According to Badassdigest some morning disc jockeys in Detroit's 97.1 radio frequency were discussing about the DC movie. They were reportedly somehow belittling Aquaman's role. To their surprise a caller who named himself after the movie director called to defend the character.
Meanwhile, Slashfilm also provided a summary of the audio where Zack Snyder talked about Aquaman's "cool abilities."
According to the director, the "Justice League" member has a powerful weapon that can defeat the "man of steel." He claimed Aquaman's trident "could cut the flesh of Superman if they came in contact."
Zack Snyder claimed Aquaman is "super strong" because he "can exist at these super deep depths."
"So when he comes up here he's crazy strong," he said.
According to CBS, the caller identified himself as the director when he was asked, "Is this Zack Snyder?"
His reply was, "Hey, it's Zack, yeah..."
Slashfilm, thewrap and badassdigest also confirmed the caller was indeed the movie director. He claimed he was on his way to the movie's set when he heard the discussion on the radio. Somehow, he felt the DJs were being too hard on Aquaman. Co-host Bill McAllister explained they were only "questioning" his involvement in the movie. Although Zack Snyder didn't outright confirm Aquaman's role in the sequel, he however hinted that he may.
CBS claimed Snyder teased Aquaman's involvement in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" when he said, "It's not to say that he's in the movie or anything like that. But he has the potential to be bad ass."
Jason Momoa has been rumoured to play Aquaman according to Slashfilm. However, he has yet to confirm this role. But the site suggested he may actually be in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." He was seen working up a sweat at the same gym where Gal Gadot (Wonderwoman) practiced her rock climbing skills.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid