'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': Aquaman's Powers Level Up
By Tanya Diente | August 11, 2014 11:11 AM EST
Zack Snyder may have hinted at Aquaman's involvement in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" recently when he defended the character's abilities on a radio show.
An anti-government demonstrator dressed as Batman yells slogans accompanied by passengers on a bus, during a protest against the 2014 World Cup in Rio de Janeiro June 12, 2014. Placard reads "We want to be the champions in healthcare, education and not just in football."
According to Badassdigest some morning disc jockeys in Detroit's 97.1 radio frequency were discussing about the DC movie. They were reportedly somehow belittling Aquaman's role. To their surprise a caller who named himself after the movie director called to defend the character.
Meanwhile, Slashfilm also provided a summary of the audio where Zack Snyder talked about Aquaman's "cool abilities."
According to the director, the "Justice League" member has a powerful weapon that can defeat the "man of steel." He claimed Aquaman's trident "could cut the flesh of Superman if they came in contact."
Zack Snyder claimed Aquaman is "super strong" because he "can exist at these super deep depths."
"So when he comes up here he's crazy strong," he said.
According to CBS, the caller identified himself as the director when he was asked, "Is this Zack Snyder?"
His reply was, "Hey, it's Zack, yeah..."
Slashfilm, thewrap and badassdigest also confirmed the caller was indeed the movie director. He claimed he was on his way to the movie's set when he heard the discussion on the radio. Somehow, he felt the DJs were being too hard on Aquaman. Co-host Bill McAllister explained they were only "questioning" his involvement in the movie. Although Zack Snyder didn't outright confirm Aquaman's role in the sequel, he however hinted that he may.
CBS claimed Snyder teased Aquaman's involvement in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" when he said, "It's not to say that he's in the movie or anything like that. But he has the potential to be bad ass."
Jason Momoa has been rumoured to play Aquaman according to Slashfilm. However, he has yet to confirm this role. But the site suggested he may actually be in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." He was seen working up a sweat at the same gym where Gal Gadot (Wonderwoman) practiced her rock climbing skills.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence