Samsung News: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Pointers from Analyst and Samsung Galaxy Alpha Spotted in Russia
By Gel Galang | August 11, 2014 10:59 AM EST
A woman takes pictures with Nokia's new smartphone, the Lumia 1020 with a 41-megapixel camera, after its unveiling in New York in this July 11, 2013 file photo. Finnish telecoms gear maker Nokia has good prospects for sales in Europe and North America in the coming quarters, its chief executive said on July 24, 2014, after the company posted better-than-expected quarterly results. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton/Files
However, according to one analyst, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 may not be the answer domination of the high-end audience.
In an interview with Strategy Analytics executive director Neil Mawston, PC World reports that the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 would require a more innovative design to create a buzz to get a bigger ripple in their current sales.
"I think Samsung is in a holding pattern at the moment. Any new device launch at this stage is really focused on stabilizing rather than regrowing its device business," Mawston said to PC World. "For Samsung to revitalize its sales, the company needs a revolutionary design, something like a foldable or bendable screen to shake up the market."
One of the supposed reasons why Samsung does not seem to have evolved from its previous devices is that it has not yet even featured a new design to its newer models, according to the report. Comparing the Samsung Galaxy S5 to its predecessor, PC World notes that there was no drastic change in design, such as a metal frame that would have separated it from the cheap plastic body that most of its devices have.
Mawston does point out that while one move would be to make its low-end phones more attractive to market segments like India and China, its current offerings have too many products and its low-end smartphones are still not competitive in price compared to other brands.
A lot may be riding on the upcoming Smasung Unpacked 2014 event in September, and hopefully, Samsung does have new specs up its sleeve for a more improved lineup.
Samsung Galaxy Alpha Featured in Event in Russia
After so many leaks, the Samsung Galaxy Alpha has been spotted in an official Samsung event in Russia. What's more the images from the event have also featured the handset.
SamMobile obtained the images, one of which includes the promotional material for the event, which has the name "Samsung Galaxy Alpha" at a yachting event. However, there are no announcements as to either the release date for Samsung Galaxy Alpha or even official confirmations of the specs for the device.
This means that the public is still going by rumours of specs revealed before, including the 4.7-inch Super AMOLED display, the Android 4.4 Ktikat OS, an octa-core Exynos processor, 12-megapixel rear camera, fingerprint and heart rate sensor and the much-awaited metallic frame to make the Samsung Galaxy Alpha one of the more premium handsets of the South Korean company to date.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS