Benefits of Sex! Miranda Kerr says 'Having Less Sex, My Body Isn't As Toned'
By Afza Fathima | August 11, 2014 10:33 AM EST
Miranda Kerr said in the March edition of GQ, "One thing I've noticed is now that I'm having less sex my body isn't as toned. The more sex I have, the more defined my arms and stomach get."
Model Miranda Kerr arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
She credits sex to her beautiful body and shape. She believes that having sex is what keeps her runway ready.
Like what Miranda Kerr has said, medical experts also believe that making love slows down the aging process, boosts the immune system and circulation. Studies have shown that more sex results in better health benefits, emotional well-being and reduces migraine pain and lowers the risk of prostate cancer.
Dr. Arun Ghosh, a private GP, said that sex is an under-used resource for physical and emotional well-being and that it is not emphasised enough that it is a good form of exercise. He explained that since the brain stimulus is huge in humans, one feels overtaken while having an orgasm. When researchers did an MRI on those having an orgasm, they saw that parts of the brain that weren't normally used were being stimulated during sex.
According to a study by Canadian researchers, half-an-hour of sexual activity is more beneficial than walking on a treadmill as it helps burn more calories. Researchers have also claimed that it could be considered a significant exercise.
The study made use of data of sexual activity of 21 couples between the ages of 18 and 35. They were provided with an armband which they wore during sexual intercourse and this measured the calories burned and the intensity of the activity.
The study measured the sexual activity of 21 couples aged between 18 and 35 - they were monitored using an armband to calculate how many calories the wearer burned, and the intensity of the activity.
In a typical session lasting 25 minutes, the men burned an average of 100 calories, the women 69. The intensity of the activity was measured in METs (the Metabolic Equivalent of a Task); for men, the average reading was six METs, for women it was 6.6.
Men in their fifties who ejaculated more than ten times a month were seen to have a lower risk of prostate cancer, showed research. Sex for women helps tone the muscle area as well as reduce the risk of stress incontinence.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop