Android 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 KitKat Key Details for Sony Xperia Z Devices and Xperia T2 Ultra
By Ryan Inoyori | August 11, 2014 9:32 AM EST
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Details
Android 4.4.2 KitKat update offer several improvements to selected Xperia devices and currently available for Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z and Xperia T2 Ultra.
Here are the changes provided by the Android 4.4.2 version:
- Android 4.4.2 optimisations, improvements and user interface from Google.
- Sony PlayStation 4 animations and wallpapers.
- Revamped UI of the Status Bar and Quick Settings.
- Updates on Sony's native applications.
- Updates on the Smart Social Camera.
- New version of battery STAMINA Mode.
- Updates on Sony multimedia applications.
- Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration.
- SmartWear Experience compatibility.
In addition to that, selected devices from the Xperia Z Series will also get Create Effect video, more colourful emojis, built-in screenshot menu and new updates for Sony apps. If the device is Xperia T2 Ultra, the Android 4.4.2 KitKat includes updated camera user experience, enhanced email app and stability, performance and battery improvements.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat Details
Android 4.4.4 KitKat update from Sony Mobile is currently available for Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1s, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact. It contains the same changes offered by Android 4.4.2 version with patches from Google for Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Here is the official change log of Android 4.4.4 KitKat via software support page of Sony Xperia Z1:
1. Android 4.4.4 KitKat latest enhancements and security updates from Google.
2. Updated and improved camera experience.
3. Improvements to Google Voice, Contacts, Google+ and music streaming.
4. Latest versions of Sony apps.
5. Latest bug fixes, optimisations and improvements.
Unique Android KitKat Features from Sony Mobile
Unlike with other selected devices upgradable to Android 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 KitKat, Sony Mobile offers a unique feature for Xperia T2 Ultra and T2 Ultra Dual users. The firmware has the "Transfer Apps to SD Card" feature which was removed on the default Android KitKat.
Users of Xperia T2 Ultra can now transfer some apps from the internal storage to the microSD card and see these apps on a new tab called "SD card" inside the Applications settings menu. As of now, only Xperia T2 Ultra and its dual-SIM variant are confirmed to have this feature.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'