Android 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 KitKat Key Details for Sony Xperia Z Devices and Xperia T2 Ultra
By Ryan Inoyori | August 11, 2014 9:32 AM EST
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Details
Android 4.4.2 KitKat update offer several improvements to selected Xperia devices and currently available for Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z and Xperia T2 Ultra.
Here are the changes provided by the Android 4.4.2 version:
- Android 4.4.2 optimisations, improvements and user interface from Google.
- Sony PlayStation 4 animations and wallpapers.
- Revamped UI of the Status Bar and Quick Settings.
- Updates on Sony's native applications.
- Updates on the Smart Social Camera.
- New version of battery STAMINA Mode.
- Updates on Sony multimedia applications.
- Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration.
- SmartWear Experience compatibility.
In addition to that, selected devices from the Xperia Z Series will also get Create Effect video, more colourful emojis, built-in screenshot menu and new updates for Sony apps. If the device is Xperia T2 Ultra, the Android 4.4.2 KitKat includes updated camera user experience, enhanced email app and stability, performance and battery improvements.
Android 4.4.4 KitKat Details
Android 4.4.4 KitKat update from Sony Mobile is currently available for Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1s, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 Compact. It contains the same changes offered by Android 4.4.2 version with patches from Google for Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Here is the official change log of Android 4.4.4 KitKat via software support page of Sony Xperia Z1:
1. Android 4.4.4 KitKat latest enhancements and security updates from Google.
2. Updated and improved camera experience.
3. Improvements to Google Voice, Contacts, Google+ and music streaming.
4. Latest versions of Sony apps.
5. Latest bug fixes, optimisations and improvements.
Unique Android KitKat Features from Sony Mobile
Unlike with other selected devices upgradable to Android 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 KitKat, Sony Mobile offers a unique feature for Xperia T2 Ultra and T2 Ultra Dual users. The firmware has the "Transfer Apps to SD Card" feature which was removed on the default Android KitKat.
Users of Xperia T2 Ultra can now transfer some apps from the internal storage to the microSD card and see these apps on a new tab called "SD card" inside the Applications settings menu. As of now, only Xperia T2 Ultra and its dual-SIM variant are confirmed to have this feature.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family