George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin Apply For Marriage License in London
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 11, 2014 9:29 AM EST
George Clooney and fiancée Amal Alamuddin are going full steam ahead with no room for cold feet as the date for their impending nuptials approaches. The two have reportedly applied for a marriage license in London.
George Clooney is all set to marry in September.
A copy of Clooney and Alamuddin's intent to marry has been posted at Chelsea's Old Town hall as part of the European Union's requirements before their marriage license will be granted. A public posting shall be on display for 15 days before permission shall be granted to any couple who intend to marry in which one or both parties are citizens of the EU. Once granted, the license is valid for a full year. A photo of the posting has been obtained by Dlisted through one of their readers. Despite the grace period of a full year, it is believed that Clooney and Alamuddin intend to marry sometime in September this year.
Just last month, the couple's mothers were spotted bonding around Lake Como where they appeared to be out shopping together. The photo of the future in-laws came out shortly after Clooney slammed reports published on British Publication The Daily Mail claiming that Alamuddin's mother was opposing the marriage due to religious reasons.
In recent months, the pair has constantly been spotted around Italy mostly near Clooney's Lake Como estate. Initial speculations pegged the wedding to be taking place in the Hollywood A-lister's home but security concerns for the guests were raised. Clooney was also reportedly concerned about the welfare of his neighbours who are used to the quiet and very private nature of the affluent neighbourhood. Because of numerous concerns, the pair has reportedly decided to still hold the wedding in Italy but possibly in a more suitable location in the romantic city of Venice.
Meanwhile, back in New York City. Ellen Barker hosted a bridal shower for Amal according to The New York Post's Page Six. Barker appeared with Clooney in "Ocean's Thirteen'" the third installment of Clooney's highly successful "Ocean's" movies. Some of the other actors who appeared in the films are reportedly invited to the wedding including Brad Pitt. It still remains to be seen if Brad will in fact be facing Jennifer Aniston for the first time since they split during Clooney's wedding.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date