George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin Apply For Marriage License in London
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 11, 2014 9:29 AM EST
George Clooney and fiancée Amal Alamuddin are going full steam ahead with no room for cold feet as the date for their impending nuptials approaches. The two have reportedly applied for a marriage license in London.
George Clooney is all set to marry in September.
A copy of Clooney and Alamuddin's intent to marry has been posted at Chelsea's Old Town hall as part of the European Union's requirements before their marriage license will be granted. A public posting shall be on display for 15 days before permission shall be granted to any couple who intend to marry in which one or both parties are citizens of the EU. Once granted, the license is valid for a full year. A photo of the posting has been obtained by Dlisted through one of their readers. Despite the grace period of a full year, it is believed that Clooney and Alamuddin intend to marry sometime in September this year.
Just last month, the couple's mothers were spotted bonding around Lake Como where they appeared to be out shopping together. The photo of the future in-laws came out shortly after Clooney slammed reports published on British Publication The Daily Mail claiming that Alamuddin's mother was opposing the marriage due to religious reasons.
In recent months, the pair has constantly been spotted around Italy mostly near Clooney's Lake Como estate. Initial speculations pegged the wedding to be taking place in the Hollywood A-lister's home but security concerns for the guests were raised. Clooney was also reportedly concerned about the welfare of his neighbours who are used to the quiet and very private nature of the affluent neighbourhood. Because of numerous concerns, the pair has reportedly decided to still hold the wedding in Italy but possibly in a more suitable location in the romantic city of Venice.
Meanwhile, back in New York City. Ellen Barker hosted a bridal shower for Amal according to The New York Post's Page Six. Barker appeared with Clooney in "Ocean's Thirteen'" the third installment of Clooney's highly successful "Ocean's" movies. Some of the other actors who appeared in the films are reportedly invited to the wedding including Brad Pitt. It still remains to be seen if Brad will in fact be facing Jennifer Aniston for the first time since they split during Clooney's wedding.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates