Welcome to Sweden Season 1 Recap: Episode 5 Fitting In Aired on Aug. 7, 2014, Bruce Tries to Win Over Viveka While Making New Swedish Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | August 8, 2014 11:34 PM EST
"Welcome to Sweden" Season 1, episode 5 "Fitting In" or "Vänner" aired in the U.S. on Thursday, Aug. 7, 2014. It aired in Sweden on April 18, 2014. As the title of the episode suggests, it's all about Bruce Evans (Greg Poehler) trying to fit in Sweden. More importantly, it's about him trying to get along with Emma Wiik's (Josephine Bornebusch) Swedish friends and family. Read on for the "Welcome to Sweden" Season 1 recap of episode 5 "Fitting In."
Actor Greg Poehler poses during a photocall for the television series "Welcome To Sweden" during the annual MIPCOM television programme market in Cannes, southeastern France, October 7, 2013. The International film and programme market for TV, video, cable and satellite (MIPCOM) opens from October 7 to October 10 on the French Riviera.
Aside from adjusting to life in Sweden after living in New York for a while, Bruce had to face the fact that he stuck out like a sore thumb in Stockholm. Plus, some of Emma's friends and family are not comfortable with speaking in English all the time. This leads Bruce into exerting extra effort to fit in with them, including trying to speak Swedish and hanging out with them. He even used Emma's laptop when he called Lisa (Claudia Galli) and talked to her in Swedish. Bruce also had to win over Emma's mom, Viveka Börjesson (Lena Olin). Meanwhile, Bruce's friendship with Hassan (Basim Sabah Albasim), an Iraqi, got even more strained.
The "Welcome to Sweden" Season 1, episode 5 "Fitting In" featured several stars including Peter Viitanen (Peo), Claudia Galli (Lisa), Hanna Alström (Anna), Maja Christenson (Desk Clerk) and Illeana Douglas (Nancy).
Here are some memorable lines from "Welcome to Sweden" Season 1, episode 5 "Fitting In."
"You're doing everything you can to fit in here, right?" Emma asked Bruce in the video posted on the "Welcome to Sweden" official YouTube channel.
"I'm gonna call your mother and I'm gonna charm her pants off," Bruce said to Emma.
Click HERE to watch the "Welcome to Sweden" Season 1, episode 5 "Fitting In" or "Vänner" from the show's official Web site.
This "Welcome to Sweden" Season 1 recap of episode 5 "Fitting In" sums up what happened in the latest episode of the sitcom starring Greg Poehler. For more updates about "Welcome to Sweden," and other news about entertainment, business, finance, technology, science, politics, health and sports, keep reading International Business Times, or IBTimes. Watch the "Welcome to Sweden" video below.
"Welcome to Sweden" - Bruce Speaks Swedish... Pretty Badly (Episode Highlight):
READ MORE ABOUT "WELCOME TO SWEDEN":
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage