Welcome to Sweden Season 1 Recap: Episode 5 Fitting In Aired on Aug. 7, 2014, Bruce Tries to Win Over Viveka While Making New Swedish Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | August 8, 2014 11:34 PM EST
"Welcome to Sweden" Season 1, episode 5 "Fitting In" or "Vänner" aired in the U.S. on Thursday, Aug. 7, 2014. It aired in Sweden on April 18, 2014. As the title of the episode suggests, it's all about Bruce Evans (Greg Poehler) trying to fit in Sweden. More importantly, it's about him trying to get along with Emma Wiik's (Josephine Bornebusch) Swedish friends and family. Read on for the "Welcome to Sweden" Season 1 recap of episode 5 "Fitting In."
Actor Greg Poehler poses during a photocall for the television series "Welcome To Sweden" during the annual MIPCOM television programme market in Cannes, southeastern France, October 7, 2013. The International film and programme market for TV, video, cable and satellite (MIPCOM) opens from October 7 to October 10 on the French Riviera.
Aside from adjusting to life in Sweden after living in New York for a while, Bruce had to face the fact that he stuck out like a sore thumb in Stockholm. Plus, some of Emma's friends and family are not comfortable with speaking in English all the time. This leads Bruce into exerting extra effort to fit in with them, including trying to speak Swedish and hanging out with them. He even used Emma's laptop when he called Lisa (Claudia Galli) and talked to her in Swedish. Bruce also had to win over Emma's mom, Viveka Börjesson (Lena Olin). Meanwhile, Bruce's friendship with Hassan (Basim Sabah Albasim), an Iraqi, got even more strained.
The "Welcome to Sweden" Season 1, episode 5 "Fitting In" featured several stars including Peter Viitanen (Peo), Claudia Galli (Lisa), Hanna Alström (Anna), Maja Christenson (Desk Clerk) and Illeana Douglas (Nancy).
Here are some memorable lines from "Welcome to Sweden" Season 1, episode 5 "Fitting In."
"You're doing everything you can to fit in here, right?" Emma asked Bruce in the video posted on the "Welcome to Sweden" official YouTube channel.
"I'm gonna call your mother and I'm gonna charm her pants off," Bruce said to Emma.
Click HERE to watch the "Welcome to Sweden" Season 1, episode 5 "Fitting In" or "Vänner" from the show's official Web site.
This "Welcome to Sweden" Season 1 recap of episode 5 "Fitting In" sums up what happened in the latest episode of the sitcom starring Greg Poehler. For more updates about "Welcome to Sweden," and other news about entertainment, business, finance, technology, science, politics, health and sports, keep reading International Business Times, or IBTimes. Watch the "Welcome to Sweden" video below.
"Welcome to Sweden" - Bruce Speaks Swedish... Pretty Badly (Episode Highlight):
READ MORE ABOUT "WELCOME TO SWEDEN":
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS