Marlon Wayans Describes Delta Goodrem’s Dancing, Says White Women Should Stick to Dancing to Techno Music
By Anne Lu | August 8, 2014 6:15 PM EST
Marlon Wayans said white women should stick to dancing to techno music. The American comedian refused to apologise for calling Australian pop superstar Delta Goodrem the “most UNRHYTHMIC WHITE WOMAN” at the Jay Z and Beyonce concert in Los Angeles.
It all started on Sunday when Marlon attended the “On the Run” tour in Pasadena, Los Angeles with his family. Beside her was a white woman who, according to him, has unquestionable dancing skills.
He promptly shot a photo with the unknowing woman, posting it on his Instagram and saying, “Man I got the most UNRHYTHMIC WHITE WOMAN dancing next to me at the jay and bey concert... This b---- dancing to AC/DC.”
It turned out that unrhythmic white woman wasn’t just any random stranger. She’s Australia’s national treasure, Delta Goodrem.
Some of Marlon’s Instagram and Twitter followers lashed out at him for being “rude” and “racist,” perhaps because he generalised white women’s dancing skills, or lack thereof.
He already slammed his critics, saying that he would never apologise for his joke.
Delta, on the other hand, responded to the hullaballoo about his dance moves by posting a YouTube video of Elaine’s (Julia Louise-Dreyfus) awful dancing on “Seinfeld.”
Had a blast last night. 💜 D x https://t.co/2bD5hVJ6IA
— Delta Goodrem (@DeltaGoodrem) August 5, 2014
In an interview with TMZ, Marlon again defended his Instagram post, saying he doesn’t regret generalising white women.
He said he didn’t have a clue about Delta’s identity, thinking she was just a “regular Caucasian woman.”
“It was an off-rhythm, she created a new rhythm,” Marlon described Delta’s dancing.
“I think she thought she was in an AC/DC concert because she was slam-dancing me,” he added, referring to the iconic Australian hard rock band.
“It’s not racist,” the funny man insisted. “I just made an observation that a white woman who happens to be white just couldn’t dance.
“I’m not saying all white women can’t dance,” he continued, adding an example before taking it back, “Like Miley Cyrus... okay, if she had an ass, Miley ... but she’s got no ass so there’s nothing.”
Although he criticised her dancing, Marlon has some good things to say about Delta.
“She’s a nice lady. She’s really nice, we talked the whole dance.”
He did say sorry for offending people, but said that if they feel offended, then maybe they should take dance lessons.
When asked what genre white people should dance to, he replied, “I think techno music or electro... because you can find any rhythm to that ... If you can’t do that, you’re just rhythmically challenged.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best