Marlon Wayans Describes Delta Goodrem’s Dancing, Says White Women Should Stick to Dancing to Techno Music
By Anne Lu | August 8, 2014 6:15 PM EST
Marlon Wayans said white women should stick to dancing to techno music. The American comedian refused to apologise for calling Australian pop superstar Delta Goodrem the “most UNRHYTHMIC WHITE WOMAN” at the Jay Z and Beyonce concert in Los Angeles.
It all started on Sunday when Marlon attended the “On the Run” tour in Pasadena, Los Angeles with his family. Beside her was a white woman who, according to him, has unquestionable dancing skills.
He promptly shot a photo with the unknowing woman, posting it on his Instagram and saying, “Man I got the most UNRHYTHMIC WHITE WOMAN dancing next to me at the jay and bey concert... This b---- dancing to AC/DC.”
It turned out that unrhythmic white woman wasn’t just any random stranger. She’s Australia’s national treasure, Delta Goodrem.
Some of Marlon’s Instagram and Twitter followers lashed out at him for being “rude” and “racist,” perhaps because he generalised white women’s dancing skills, or lack thereof.
He already slammed his critics, saying that he would never apologise for his joke.
Delta, on the other hand, responded to the hullaballoo about his dance moves by posting a YouTube video of Elaine’s (Julia Louise-Dreyfus) awful dancing on “Seinfeld.”
Had a blast last night. 💜 D x https://t.co/2bD5hVJ6IA
— Delta Goodrem (@DeltaGoodrem) August 5, 2014
In an interview with TMZ, Marlon again defended his Instagram post, saying he doesn’t regret generalising white women.
He said he didn’t have a clue about Delta’s identity, thinking she was just a “regular Caucasian woman.”
“It was an off-rhythm, she created a new rhythm,” Marlon described Delta’s dancing.
“I think she thought she was in an AC/DC concert because she was slam-dancing me,” he added, referring to the iconic Australian hard rock band.
“It’s not racist,” the funny man insisted. “I just made an observation that a white woman who happens to be white just couldn’t dance.
“I’m not saying all white women can’t dance,” he continued, adding an example before taking it back, “Like Miley Cyrus... okay, if she had an ass, Miley ... but she’s got no ass so there’s nothing.”
Although he criticised her dancing, Marlon has some good things to say about Delta.
“She’s a nice lady. She’s really nice, we talked the whole dance.”
He did say sorry for offending people, but said that if they feel offended, then maybe they should take dance lessons.
When asked what genre white people should dance to, he replied, “I think techno music or electro... because you can find any rhythm to that ... If you can’t do that, you’re just rhythmically challenged.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced