Marlon Wayans Describes Delta Goodrem’s Dancing, Says White Women Should Stick to Dancing to Techno Music
By Anne Lu | August 8, 2014 6:15 PM EST
Marlon Wayans said white women should stick to dancing to techno music. The American comedian refused to apologise for calling Australian pop superstar Delta Goodrem the “most UNRHYTHMIC WHITE WOMAN” at the Jay Z and Beyonce concert in Los Angeles.
It all started on Sunday when Marlon attended the “On the Run” tour in Pasadena, Los Angeles with his family. Beside her was a white woman who, according to him, has unquestionable dancing skills.
He promptly shot a photo with the unknowing woman, posting it on his Instagram and saying, “Man I got the most UNRHYTHMIC WHITE WOMAN dancing next to me at the jay and bey concert... This b---- dancing to AC/DC.”
It turned out that unrhythmic white woman wasn’t just any random stranger. She’s Australia’s national treasure, Delta Goodrem.
Some of Marlon’s Instagram and Twitter followers lashed out at him for being “rude” and “racist,” perhaps because he generalised white women’s dancing skills, or lack thereof.
He already slammed his critics, saying that he would never apologise for his joke.
Delta, on the other hand, responded to the hullaballoo about his dance moves by posting a YouTube video of Elaine’s (Julia Louise-Dreyfus) awful dancing on “Seinfeld.”
Had a blast last night. 💜 D x https://t.co/2bD5hVJ6IA
— Delta Goodrem (@DeltaGoodrem) August 5, 2014
In an interview with TMZ, Marlon again defended his Instagram post, saying he doesn’t regret generalising white women.
He said he didn’t have a clue about Delta’s identity, thinking she was just a “regular Caucasian woman.”
“It was an off-rhythm, she created a new rhythm,” Marlon described Delta’s dancing.
“I think she thought she was in an AC/DC concert because she was slam-dancing me,” he added, referring to the iconic Australian hard rock band.
“It’s not racist,” the funny man insisted. “I just made an observation that a white woman who happens to be white just couldn’t dance.
“I’m not saying all white women can’t dance,” he continued, adding an example before taking it back, “Like Miley Cyrus... okay, if she had an ass, Miley ... but she’s got no ass so there’s nothing.”
Although he criticised her dancing, Marlon has some good things to say about Delta.
“She’s a nice lady. She’s really nice, we talked the whole dance.”
He did say sorry for offending people, but said that if they feel offended, then maybe they should take dance lessons.
When asked what genre white people should dance to, he replied, “I think techno music or electro... because you can find any rhythm to that ... If you can’t do that, you’re just rhythmically challenged.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM