Liane Moriarty Catches Fancy of Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon
By Pooja Bhagat | August 8, 2014 6:12 PM EST
Liane Moriarty has once again grabbed the attention of Hollywood. Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman have shown immense interest in her latest novel "Big Little Lies."
Actress Reese Witherspoon's production company joining hands to adapt the Liane Moriarty new novel into a movie.
Both the Hollywood's star's respective production companies Blossom Films and Witherspoon Pacific Standard have joined hands with the Australian author to adapt her novel in a movie.
"Big Little Lies" is the latest work by Liane Moriarty. She had already penned down five internationally bestselling fictional books along with a line of children's books. Out of them, "The Husband's Secret" is also topping the charts and is adapted into a movie by CBS Films.
"Big Little Lies" had come out recently and is already creating waves everywhere. The novel is set in a beautiful little beachside primary school and the plot rotates around three main characters and a murder.
This book by Liane Moriarty is absolutely a brilliant work as the writing is insightful, funny, poignant and even thought provoking. The book has surely caught the fancies of Hollywood lead stars as they did not waste anytime in optioning the screen rights of the story.
This is the first time that any Australian author has two books in the bestselling list simultaneously. The 47-year-old mother of two young children is surely basking in the glory as the book is breaking new grounds.
Speculations are that both Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon are planning to cast as well in this production. Since the novel revolves around three main women, Hollywood had already started guessing the third name of the star.
Nicole Kidman is the first Australian actress to win the Academy Award for Best Actress apart from three Golden Globe Awards and a British Academy Award.
Reese Witherspoon is an equally outstanding American actress who is also actively involved in children's welfare.
Let's see how the movies shape up. The story in the novel is superb and seems to be getting a good backing in the form of these prestigious production houses.
In the meantime, two other works by Liane Moriarty are under the process of transformation from page to screen. "What Alice Forgot" has been optioned by Daniel Frankel and "The Husband's Secrets" has been picked by CBS Films.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop