Mayweather Promotions Extends Services to Cater to the Fans in the Hispanic Community
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 8, 2014 4:25 PM EST
Mayweather Promotions, the company founded by unbeaten American boxer and best pound-for-pound fighter Floyd Mayweather, has reportedly extended its services to cater to the fans in the Hispanic community.
REUTERS/Las Vegas Sun/Steve Ma
WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. of the U.S. attends a news conference at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, April 30, 2014. Mayweather will take on WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana of Argentina in a WBC/WBA unification fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 3. REUTERS/Las Vegas Sun/Steve Marcus
Mayweather Promotions has retained the services of Pinta, a cross-cultural marketing firm, with offices situated in Miami, New York, and Los Angeles, According to a press release shared on the company's official website. The firm offers a wide range of services including "public relations, digital, social, research, grassroots, and experiential strategies" to cater to its target and potential clients, namely, "first-generation Hispanics and U.S.-born, English-dominant, and fully-acculturated Latinos."
Leonard Ellerbe, the chief executive officer of Mayweather Promotions, is optimistic to take advantage of the Hispanic market through the extended partnership with Pinta. A 2012 Nielsen report stated that the Hispanic market has a remarkable demographic and economic reputation because they are the "fastest growing ethnic segment expected to grow 167 percent in 40 years, from 2010 to 2050." Mayweather Promotions, which claims to be the future of sports and entertainment, wants to be able to reach a diverse and wider audience.
"We look forward to integrating Pinta's expertise with our already established and ongoing marketing efforts in order to reach as broad an audience as possible to make our promotions a great success," said Ellerbe.
Pinta will immediately work with Mayweather Promotions in marketing the boxing event that features J'Leon Love and Badou Jack in its co-main event on Aug. 30. The event will take place at The Pearl located at The Palms Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Following the event, Pinta will also help with the promotion of Floyd's rematch with Argentine boxer Marcos Maidana which will happen on Sept. 3 at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas and Showtime's Pay-Per-View.
As stated on its Web site, Pinta has previously created campaigns for some of the world's biggest brands including Powerade, Pfizer, Johnnie Walker, Fox Hispanic Media, T-Mobile, Brita, Western Union, and Jose Cuervo. Pinta was built 20 years ago as JeffreyGroup tailored to clients in Latin America. Since its inception, the company has grown and practiced the art of "cross-cultural marketing" by using ingenious and innovative ideas and strategies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James