Mayweather Promotions Extends Services to Cater to the Fans in the Hispanic Community
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 8, 2014 4:25 PM EST
Mayweather Promotions, the company founded by unbeaten American boxer and best pound-for-pound fighter Floyd Mayweather, has reportedly extended its services to cater to the fans in the Hispanic community.
REUTERS/Las Vegas Sun/Steve Ma
WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. of the U.S. attends a news conference at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, April 30, 2014. Mayweather will take on WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana of Argentina in a WBC/WBA unification fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 3. REUTERS/Las Vegas Sun/Steve Marcus
Mayweather Promotions has retained the services of Pinta, a cross-cultural marketing firm, with offices situated in Miami, New York, and Los Angeles, According to a press release shared on the company's official website. The firm offers a wide range of services including "public relations, digital, social, research, grassroots, and experiential strategies" to cater to its target and potential clients, namely, "first-generation Hispanics and U.S.-born, English-dominant, and fully-acculturated Latinos."
Leonard Ellerbe, the chief executive officer of Mayweather Promotions, is optimistic to take advantage of the Hispanic market through the extended partnership with Pinta. A 2012 Nielsen report stated that the Hispanic market has a remarkable demographic and economic reputation because they are the "fastest growing ethnic segment expected to grow 167 percent in 40 years, from 2010 to 2050." Mayweather Promotions, which claims to be the future of sports and entertainment, wants to be able to reach a diverse and wider audience.
"We look forward to integrating Pinta's expertise with our already established and ongoing marketing efforts in order to reach as broad an audience as possible to make our promotions a great success," said Ellerbe.
Pinta will immediately work with Mayweather Promotions in marketing the boxing event that features J'Leon Love and Badou Jack in its co-main event on Aug. 30. The event will take place at The Pearl located at The Palms Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Following the event, Pinta will also help with the promotion of Floyd's rematch with Argentine boxer Marcos Maidana which will happen on Sept. 3 at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas and Showtime's Pay-Per-View.
As stated on its Web site, Pinta has previously created campaigns for some of the world's biggest brands including Powerade, Pfizer, Johnnie Walker, Fox Hispanic Media, T-Mobile, Brita, Western Union, and Jose Cuervo. Pinta was built 20 years ago as JeffreyGroup tailored to clients in Latin America. Since its inception, the company has grown and practiced the art of "cross-cultural marketing" by using ingenious and innovative ideas and strategies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar