Mayweather Promotions Extends Services to Cater to the Fans in the Hispanic Community
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 8, 2014 4:25 PM EST
Mayweather Promotions, the company founded by unbeaten American boxer and best pound-for-pound fighter Floyd Mayweather, has reportedly extended its services to cater to the fans in the Hispanic community.
REUTERS/Las Vegas Sun/Steve Ma
WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. of the U.S. attends a news conference at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, April 30, 2014. Mayweather will take on WBA welterweight champion Marcos Maidana of Argentina in a WBC/WBA unification fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on May 3. REUTERS/Las Vegas Sun/Steve Marcus
Mayweather Promotions has retained the services of Pinta, a cross-cultural marketing firm, with offices situated in Miami, New York, and Los Angeles, According to a press release shared on the company's official website. The firm offers a wide range of services including "public relations, digital, social, research, grassroots, and experiential strategies" to cater to its target and potential clients, namely, "first-generation Hispanics and U.S.-born, English-dominant, and fully-acculturated Latinos."
Leonard Ellerbe, the chief executive officer of Mayweather Promotions, is optimistic to take advantage of the Hispanic market through the extended partnership with Pinta. A 2012 Nielsen report stated that the Hispanic market has a remarkable demographic and economic reputation because they are the "fastest growing ethnic segment expected to grow 167 percent in 40 years, from 2010 to 2050." Mayweather Promotions, which claims to be the future of sports and entertainment, wants to be able to reach a diverse and wider audience.
"We look forward to integrating Pinta's expertise with our already established and ongoing marketing efforts in order to reach as broad an audience as possible to make our promotions a great success," said Ellerbe.
Pinta will immediately work with Mayweather Promotions in marketing the boxing event that features J'Leon Love and Badou Jack in its co-main event on Aug. 30. The event will take place at The Pearl located at The Palms Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Following the event, Pinta will also help with the promotion of Floyd's rematch with Argentine boxer Marcos Maidana which will happen on Sept. 3 at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas and Showtime's Pay-Per-View.
As stated on its Web site, Pinta has previously created campaigns for some of the world's biggest brands including Powerade, Pfizer, Johnnie Walker, Fox Hispanic Media, T-Mobile, Brita, Western Union, and Jose Cuervo. Pinta was built 20 years ago as JeffreyGroup tailored to clients in Latin America. Since its inception, the company has grown and practiced the art of "cross-cultural marketing" by using ingenious and innovative ideas and strategies.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
Join the Conversation
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best