Charlize Theron Wants Tia Mowry Banned From Health Club After ‘Mean’ Comment – Report
By Anne Lu | August 8, 2014 3:54 PM EST
Charlize Theron didn’t take kindly to Tia Mowry calling her “mean.” The Academy Award-winning actress has reportedly called for the “Sister, Sister” star’s ban from a Los Angeles health club.
(L-R) Actors Sean Penn and Charlize Theron attend the French fashion house Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 fashion show by Belgian designer Raf Simons in Paris July 7, 2014.
Late in July, Tia, 36, revealed a rather unpleasant encounter she had with her now-ex-idol. She was in a spin class at the Los Angeles branch of SoulCycle, an upscale health club chain, when she saw Charlize.
Being a fan, she approached the other actress to greet her, but Charlize’s reaction just left her cold.
“She wasn’t very nice to me,” Tia told In Touch magazine of her first meeting with the 39-year-old “Dark Places” star. “I said ‘Hi,’ and she actually rolled her eyes and said, ‘Oh my God.’
“I wasn’t over-the-top. I know how to approach another celebrity,” she continued, adding that she understands that people sometimes are just caught in a bad day.
“Charlize was just mean. I’m just being honest.”
But Charlize didn’t appreciate Tia’s honesty.
According to Dish Nation, Charlize stormed to SoulCycle to demand that they ban Tia.
“Charlize came in so pissed off after Tia went to the tabloids about her, and she demanded we bar Tia from ever coming back,” an insider from SoulCycle allegedly said. “When the manager refused, Charlize just got angrier and said she’d go to the top to make it happen.”
When the SoulCycle management turned down Charlize’s order, Charlize got even angrier.
“This nobody who was famous for a minute 20 years ago can complain to the tabloids about me but I can’t expect you to protect me from hangers on in your studio?” she was allegedly quoted as saying.
The source added, “This just feels like a vendetta because Tia spoke up. Charlize used to be kind of quiet and chill when she came to spin, but it looks like dating Sean Penn isn’t doing her any favours.”
Nevertheless, the management told Charlize that they would handle the situation. How they would do it remains to be a question.
Tia is currently starring in the Nickelodeon sitcom “Instant Mom” with Michael Boatman, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Sydney Park, Damarr Calhoun and Tylen Jacob Williams. She used to co-star alongside her twin sister Tamara Mowry in the reality show “Tia & Tamara,” which was aired from 2011 to 2013.
Charlize, meanwhile, is set to be seen in the mystery film “Dark Places,” which also stars Christina Hendricks, Nicholas Hoult and Chloe Grace Moretz.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS