Charlize Theron Wants Tia Mowry Banned From Health Club After ‘Mean’ Comment – Report
By Anne Lu | August 8, 2014 3:54 PM EST
Charlize Theron didn’t take kindly to Tia Mowry calling her “mean.” The Academy Award-winning actress has reportedly called for the “Sister, Sister” star’s ban from a Los Angeles health club.
(L-R) Actors Sean Penn and Charlize Theron attend the French fashion house Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall/Winter 2014-2015 fashion show by Belgian designer Raf Simons in Paris July 7, 2014.
Late in July, Tia, 36, revealed a rather unpleasant encounter she had with her now-ex-idol. She was in a spin class at the Los Angeles branch of SoulCycle, an upscale health club chain, when she saw Charlize.
Being a fan, she approached the other actress to greet her, but Charlize’s reaction just left her cold.
“She wasn’t very nice to me,” Tia told In Touch magazine of her first meeting with the 39-year-old “Dark Places” star. “I said ‘Hi,’ and she actually rolled her eyes and said, ‘Oh my God.’
“I wasn’t over-the-top. I know how to approach another celebrity,” she continued, adding that she understands that people sometimes are just caught in a bad day.
“Charlize was just mean. I’m just being honest.”
But Charlize didn’t appreciate Tia’s honesty.
According to Dish Nation, Charlize stormed to SoulCycle to demand that they ban Tia.
“Charlize came in so pissed off after Tia went to the tabloids about her, and she demanded we bar Tia from ever coming back,” an insider from SoulCycle allegedly said. “When the manager refused, Charlize just got angrier and said she’d go to the top to make it happen.”
When the SoulCycle management turned down Charlize’s order, Charlize got even angrier.
“This nobody who was famous for a minute 20 years ago can complain to the tabloids about me but I can’t expect you to protect me from hangers on in your studio?” she was allegedly quoted as saying.
The source added, “This just feels like a vendetta because Tia spoke up. Charlize used to be kind of quiet and chill when she came to spin, but it looks like dating Sean Penn isn’t doing her any favours.”
Nevertheless, the management told Charlize that they would handle the situation. How they would do it remains to be a question.
Tia is currently starring in the Nickelodeon sitcom “Instant Mom” with Michael Boatman, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Sydney Park, Damarr Calhoun and Tylen Jacob Williams. She used to co-star alongside her twin sister Tamara Mowry in the reality show “Tia & Tamara,” which was aired from 2011 to 2013.
Charlize, meanwhile, is set to be seen in the mystery film “Dark Places,” which also stars Christina Hendricks, Nicholas Hoult and Chloe Grace Moretz.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier