Amir Khan Claims a Fight With Pacquiao Would be a Tougher Contest Than Mayweather
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 8, 2014 3:41 PM EST
Amir Khan has previously expressed his interest of fighting Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather. However, the British boxer confessed that a fight with Pacquiao would be a tougher contest than a bout with the undefeated American boxer.
Amir Khan (R) of Britain knocks down Luis Collazo of the U.S. during their welterweight fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, May 3, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Speaking to The Guardian, Khan said that both Pacquiao and Mayweather present an equally difficult bout, but in terms of physical aspect, he thinks that the eight-division Filipino world champion would be a tougher opponent. "I think Manny would be harder," said Khan. "He's much more aggressive and it would be more intense," Khan added.
According to Khan, a bout against Mayweather is more like mentally tough rather than a physical affair. "Mayweather would be a very technical fight, like a game of chess."
Khan is still aching to get a shot at Mayweather's unbeaten record but he has also been trying to land a fight with Pacquiao. When the rematch between Mayweather and Maidana was set, Khan had been eyeing on a potential clash with Pacquiao in November until the Filipino boxer announced that he will fight Chris Algieri instead.
However, Khan is reportedly poised that he will get to face Pacquiao eventually. "The Manny fight can still happen at some point." Khan said that his promoter, Golden Boy, is expected to have some discussions with Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum. He said that a Khan vs. Pacquiao fight would be a great treat for boxing fanatics and that he had left the arbitration to his team and his adviser Al Haymon.
Khan has a three-fight winning streak since 2012. He last fought Luis Collazo and came off in dominating win to snag the World Boxing Council (WBC) and World Boxing Association (WBA) International Welterweight titles at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 3, 2014.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Chelsea FC: Spanish NT Doctor Belies Mourinho's Claim That Diego Costa Aggravated Hamstring Injury
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists