Amir Khan Claims a Fight With Pacquiao Would be a Tougher Contest Than Mayweather
By Rachelle Corpuz | August 8, 2014 3:41 PM EST
Amir Khan has previously expressed his interest of fighting Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather. However, the British boxer confessed that a fight with Pacquiao would be a tougher contest than a bout with the undefeated American boxer.
Amir Khan (R) of Britain knocks down Luis Collazo of the U.S. during their welterweight fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, May 3, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Speaking to The Guardian, Khan said that both Pacquiao and Mayweather present an equally difficult bout, but in terms of physical aspect, he thinks that the eight-division Filipino world champion would be a tougher opponent. "I think Manny would be harder," said Khan. "He's much more aggressive and it would be more intense," Khan added.
According to Khan, a bout against Mayweather is more like mentally tough rather than a physical affair. "Mayweather would be a very technical fight, like a game of chess."
Khan is still aching to get a shot at Mayweather's unbeaten record but he has also been trying to land a fight with Pacquiao. When the rematch between Mayweather and Maidana was set, Khan had been eyeing on a potential clash with Pacquiao in November until the Filipino boxer announced that he will fight Chris Algieri instead.
However, Khan is reportedly poised that he will get to face Pacquiao eventually. "The Manny fight can still happen at some point." Khan said that his promoter, Golden Boy, is expected to have some discussions with Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum. He said that a Khan vs. Pacquiao fight would be a great treat for boxing fanatics and that he had left the arbitration to his team and his adviser Al Haymon.
Khan has a three-fight winning streak since 2012. He last fought Luis Collazo and came off in dominating win to snag the World Boxing Council (WBC) and World Boxing Association (WBA) International Welterweight titles at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 3, 2014.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced