School of Rock to Film 13 Episodes for Nickelodeon
By Tanya Diente | August 8, 2014 3:33 PM EST
"School of Rock" will be back after many years since it came out on the movie screens in 2003. But this time, the class of rock 'n roll is hitting home television as Nickelodeon has given the green light for the movie to be filmed into 13 episodes.
The band of Mr. Schneebly will once again be bringing rock into a brand new class of students, according to Collider.
Nickelodeon President of Content and Development Russell Hicks confirmed the filming of its new TV show. Collider quoted him on his statement about "School of Rock."
"School of Rock is one of those great movies that always felt quintessentially Nickelodeon in its tone and humor, and we jumped at the opportunity to partner with Paramount Television and bring it to life as a TV series. Once again, kids will be able to laugh and rock!"
It is still uncertain whether Jack Black will be cast on the show. But the site reported his character, Dewey Finn, will once again be the protagonist of the 13-episode TV series. Following the same concept as the original "School of Rock" movie, Finn, who is a failed rock artist, pretends to be the substitute teacher Mr. Scneebly at a high-class prep school. He begins to teach his students how to play and love rock 'n roll that they eventually become his very own rock band.
According to Deadline, Paramount TV President Amy Powell described Dewey Finn to have "rock star sensibilities" and "outrageous personality." She said the new Nickelodeon TV show "will be an irresistibly fun show for the whole family."
Nickelodeon has scheduled the release of the show for a spring 2015 debut. So filming will reportedly start in the fall.
While no cast has been announced yet, Collider reported the writing prowess of Jim and Steve Armogida were enlisted to pen the script. Likewise, they will be the showrunners and executive producers of the TV show. Additionally, "School of Rock" director Richard Linklater and its producer Scott Rudin will reportedly also join as executive producers.
According to Telegraph UK, "School of Rock" as a Nickelodeon TV show will be adapted into a live-action musical comedy.
(Source: YouTube/The Know)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine