Expendables 3: Wesley Snipes Takes Jab At His 3-Year Jail Stint, 'It Is Okay With Me'
By Tanya Diente | August 8, 2014 3:12 PM EST
Wesley Snipes took time off from acting since he was in prison for three years due to federal tax evasion. His jail time is said to be referenced in his comeback movie "Expendables 3." But reports claimed he didn't mind the jab and was even cool enough to joke about it himself.
According to Mirror UK, the opening scene in "Expendables 3" pokes fun at Wesley Snipe's time behind bars.
Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren and Randy Couture breaks into a fortress to free Doctor Death (Wesley Snipes). After the successful rescue, the team boards a plane where they asked him why he was jailed. The actor replied, "Tax evasion." Although according to thewrap, Wesley Snipe's character was actually in prison for a failed assassination attempt.
Although "Expendables 3" referenced his time in jail, Wesley Snipes seemed to have taken the jab quite calmly.
Speaking to the Associated Press, the 52-year old actor said, "Whether I do something really funny or really stupid, it is okay with me. Might as well have a good time with it."
He even shared a little bit of wisdom when he further said, "I think that is what life is about. You can't take life itself too seriously."
He claimed that "at the end of the day nobody really cares" since "you're going to be forgotten anyway."
"The issues and problems that you think are like mountains that you have to deal with now, after time goes by, nobody cares," he said.
According to Mirror UK, Wesley Snipes even further joked about his time in jail when he replied to Sylvester Stallone's movie offer.
During the promotional press conference of "Expendables 3" in London, Stallone jokingly offered to cast Snipes for the lead role in a prison escape themed movie.
"You don't mind that I'm readying you for a part in Escape From Alcatraz 2 do you?" he said.
Snipes reportedly answered back that he's also been eager to work with Stallone only that he's been preoccupied.
"I've been waiting to work with you ever since. You were busy ... I was busy," he said, reportedly referring to his 2010 jail time.
Despite the jabs at his stint in jail, Wesley Snipes couldn't be happier to be back on the scene again. According to Mirror UK he even recalled having a "lot of fun" while filming "Expendables 3."
Source: YouTube/ Entertainment Tonight
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots