Expendables 3: Wesley Snipes Takes Jab At His 3-Year Jail Stint, 'It Is Okay With Me'
By Tanya Diente | August 8, 2014 3:12 PM EST
Wesley Snipes took time off from acting since he was in prison for three years due to federal tax evasion. His jail time is said to be referenced in his comeback movie "Expendables 3." But reports claimed he didn't mind the jab and was even cool enough to joke about it himself.
According to Mirror UK, the opening scene in "Expendables 3" pokes fun at Wesley Snipe's time behind bars.
Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren and Randy Couture breaks into a fortress to free Doctor Death (Wesley Snipes). After the successful rescue, the team boards a plane where they asked him why he was jailed. The actor replied, "Tax evasion." Although according to thewrap, Wesley Snipe's character was actually in prison for a failed assassination attempt.
Although "Expendables 3" referenced his time in jail, Wesley Snipes seemed to have taken the jab quite calmly.
Speaking to the Associated Press, the 52-year old actor said, "Whether I do something really funny or really stupid, it is okay with me. Might as well have a good time with it."
He even shared a little bit of wisdom when he further said, "I think that is what life is about. You can't take life itself too seriously."
He claimed that "at the end of the day nobody really cares" since "you're going to be forgotten anyway."
"The issues and problems that you think are like mountains that you have to deal with now, after time goes by, nobody cares," he said.
According to Mirror UK, Wesley Snipes even further joked about his time in jail when he replied to Sylvester Stallone's movie offer.
During the promotional press conference of "Expendables 3" in London, Stallone jokingly offered to cast Snipes for the lead role in a prison escape themed movie.
"You don't mind that I'm readying you for a part in Escape From Alcatraz 2 do you?" he said.
Snipes reportedly answered back that he's also been eager to work with Stallone only that he's been preoccupied.
"I've been waiting to work with you ever since. You were busy ... I was busy," he said, reportedly referring to his 2010 jail time.
Despite the jabs at his stint in jail, Wesley Snipes couldn't be happier to be back on the scene again. According to Mirror UK he even recalled having a "lot of fun" while filming "Expendables 3."
Source: YouTube/ Entertainment Tonight
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery