Expendables 3: Wesley Snipes Takes Jab At His 3-Year Jail Stint, 'It Is Okay With Me'
By Tanya Diente | August 8, 2014 3:12 PM EST
Wesley Snipes took time off from acting since he was in prison for three years due to federal tax evasion. His jail time is said to be referenced in his comeback movie "Expendables 3." But reports claimed he didn't mind the jab and was even cool enough to joke about it himself.
According to Mirror UK, the opening scene in "Expendables 3" pokes fun at Wesley Snipe's time behind bars.
Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren and Randy Couture breaks into a fortress to free Doctor Death (Wesley Snipes). After the successful rescue, the team boards a plane where they asked him why he was jailed. The actor replied, "Tax evasion." Although according to thewrap, Wesley Snipe's character was actually in prison for a failed assassination attempt.
Although "Expendables 3" referenced his time in jail, Wesley Snipes seemed to have taken the jab quite calmly.
Speaking to the Associated Press, the 52-year old actor said, "Whether I do something really funny or really stupid, it is okay with me. Might as well have a good time with it."
He even shared a little bit of wisdom when he further said, "I think that is what life is about. You can't take life itself too seriously."
He claimed that "at the end of the day nobody really cares" since "you're going to be forgotten anyway."
"The issues and problems that you think are like mountains that you have to deal with now, after time goes by, nobody cares," he said.
According to Mirror UK, Wesley Snipes even further joked about his time in jail when he replied to Sylvester Stallone's movie offer.
During the promotional press conference of "Expendables 3" in London, Stallone jokingly offered to cast Snipes for the lead role in a prison escape themed movie.
"You don't mind that I'm readying you for a part in Escape From Alcatraz 2 do you?" he said.
Snipes reportedly answered back that he's also been eager to work with Stallone only that he's been preoccupied.
"I've been waiting to work with you ever since. You were busy ... I was busy," he said, reportedly referring to his 2010 jail time.
Despite the jabs at his stint in jail, Wesley Snipes couldn't be happier to be back on the scene again. According to Mirror UK he even recalled having a "lot of fun" while filming "Expendables 3."
Source: YouTube/ Entertainment Tonight
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- Nude Lady Gaga Turns Greek Goddess In A Sea Shell Bra And Pair Of Thongs: Shares Racy Photos From Her Bathroom
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- Chinese Property Developer Flees To New Zealand After China Arrests Vice-Mayor For Corrupt Deals
- Amazon Announces 7 New Kindles: Upgraded Amazon 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HDX Available Now On Pre-order