Expendables 3: Wesley Snipes Takes Jab At His 3-Year Jail Stint, 'It Is Okay With Me'
By Tanya Diente | August 8, 2014 3:12 PM EST
Wesley Snipes took time off from acting since he was in prison for three years due to federal tax evasion. His jail time is said to be referenced in his comeback movie "Expendables 3." But reports claimed he didn't mind the jab and was even cool enough to joke about it himself.
According to Mirror UK, the opening scene in "Expendables 3" pokes fun at Wesley Snipe's time behind bars.
Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren and Randy Couture breaks into a fortress to free Doctor Death (Wesley Snipes). After the successful rescue, the team boards a plane where they asked him why he was jailed. The actor replied, "Tax evasion." Although according to thewrap, Wesley Snipe's character was actually in prison for a failed assassination attempt.
Although "Expendables 3" referenced his time in jail, Wesley Snipes seemed to have taken the jab quite calmly.
Speaking to the Associated Press, the 52-year old actor said, "Whether I do something really funny or really stupid, it is okay with me. Might as well have a good time with it."
He even shared a little bit of wisdom when he further said, "I think that is what life is about. You can't take life itself too seriously."
He claimed that "at the end of the day nobody really cares" since "you're going to be forgotten anyway."
"The issues and problems that you think are like mountains that you have to deal with now, after time goes by, nobody cares," he said.
According to Mirror UK, Wesley Snipes even further joked about his time in jail when he replied to Sylvester Stallone's movie offer.
During the promotional press conference of "Expendables 3" in London, Stallone jokingly offered to cast Snipes for the lead role in a prison escape themed movie.
"You don't mind that I'm readying you for a part in Escape From Alcatraz 2 do you?" he said.
Snipes reportedly answered back that he's also been eager to work with Stallone only that he's been preoccupied.
"I've been waiting to work with you ever since. You were busy ... I was busy," he said, reportedly referring to his 2010 jail time.
Despite the jabs at his stint in jail, Wesley Snipes couldn't be happier to be back on the scene again. According to Mirror UK he even recalled having a "lot of fun" while filming "Expendables 3."
Source: YouTube/ Entertainment Tonight
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS