World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Spires of Arak Zone Preview: Check Out the Home of the Winged Arakkoa [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | August 8, 2014 3:09 PM EST
Blizzard Entertainment's "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" has released its Spires of Arak zone preview on its official Web site at Battle.net. The Spires of Arak is the home of the winged arakkoa, or the flying arakkoa. The arakkoa is similar to a bird, with their brightly colored feathers, hooked beaks and talons. But, they are as big as men and can stand tall. They are highly intelligent and are into magic and secrets. Read on to learn more about the Spires of Arak zone and the winged arakkoa.
Visitors play 'World of Warcraft' at their exhibition stand at the Gamescom 2010 fair in Cologne August 18, 2010. The Gamescom convention, Europe's largest video games trade fair, runs from August 18 to August 22.
According to Battle.net, the Spires of Arak in the "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" is located in the southernmost part of Draenor.
Don Adams, "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" Game Designer and Johnny Cash, the Associate Quest Designer, explained the Spires of Arak, including what players should expect from this zone.
Adams said that aside from the winged arakkoa, the Spires of Arak zone will also have the cursed arakkoa from the "World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade." While exploring the Spires of Arak zone, players will learn more about the cursed arakkoa and will even try to help them. He also revealed that the Adherents of Rukhmar, which are the ruling caste of arakkoa in Skyreach, are a threat. Plus, the Shattered Hand orcs will also be a threat to all the arakkoa.
"Your adventure leads to two climactic events in the zone: one involving the plight of the outcasts against the flying arakkoa, and another focusing on the Shattered Hand fortress of Bladefist Hold," Adams said in a statement posted on Battle.net.
Adams described the "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" Spires of Arak zone as a place that has lots of boulders that are suspended by thorny vines. There is also a mountain pass and a dramatic vista with a view of Skyreach. It is dark and dreary, with very little light, which seems to mimic the arakkoa's shady reputation. Some areas that Adams mentioned are the Skettis, the Howling Crag and the Veil Akraz.
1. Skettis - area with narrow alleys and uprooted terrain with a great view of Skyreach.
2. Howling Crag - bonus objective area on the northeastern side of the Spires of Arak. Filled with caves, canyons and land bridges.
3. Veil Akraz - outcast village ruined by the Adherents of Rukhmar's Skyreach beam.
Click HERE to view the Spires of Arak zone Artcraft.
On the other hand, Cash talked about building outposts and the Garrison in the game. He said that players can construct a Trading Post or an Inn. Their quest line will be determined by what they choose to build. Plus, they will receive a powerful ability that they can use only in the Spires of Arak zone.
Choose to Build an Inn or a Trading Post in the Spires of Arak:
1. Inn - gives the powerful ability to gain rested experience anywhere in the Spires of Arak zone. It also lets players hearth to their outpost on a very short cooldown.
2. Trading Post - gives the powerful ability to call in a smuggling run. This allows players to buy powerful and rare goods that cannot be bought anywhere else.
Aside from the exciting Spires of Arak zone, Battle.net also released its Nagrand zone preview earlier. Click HERE to read about it.
The "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" really has a lot of features to watch out for. Check it out below:
1. The new continent of Draenor (with 7 zones and 1 Player vs. Player, or PvP zone)
2. A level 90 character boost
3. Level cap raised to 100
4. New player character models
5. 2 new Raids and 7 new Dungeons
6. A Heroic version of Upper Blackrock Spire
7. New Challenge modes
8. New World Bosses
9. New Scenarios
10. New Battlegrounds
11. New permanent ability bonuses and class talents
12. Hundreds of new quests
13. Ability to build and upgrade your Garrison
For more updates about "World of Warcraft" and "Warlords of Draenor," as well as other news about gaming, technology, entertainment, sports, health, science, politics, finance and business, keep reading International Business Times. Meanwhile, watch the "World of Warcraft" videos below.
Spires of Arak Zone Tour (Surprisingly Good!) - Warlords of Draenor Beta 1:
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Announcement Trailer:
READ MORE ABOUT "WORLD OF WARCRAFT":
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- New iPhone 7 Display Possibly in the Works as Foxconn Builds New Display Factory Exclusive to Apple