Home And Away Actor Ada Nicodemou Mourns as She announces Stillbirth of Son Harrison
By Indrani Bhattacharyya | August 8, 2014 12:21 PM EST
"Home And Away" actor beautiful Ada Nicodemou along with her family has just faced a huge tragedy.
According to the report by Daily Mail, Ada was left devastated as her second son Harrison was delivered stillborn on Thursday morning. Harrison was delivered still born following 8 months of her pregnancy.
A "Reborn Baby" kit is seen at Belgian artist Beatrice Van Landeghem's workshop, called "La nurserie des Tis Lous De Bea", in La Louviere, southern Belgium August 8, 2013. "Reborn Babies" are disturbingly life-like baby dolls carefully crafted in vinyl, which have become swiftly popular mainly with collectors, but also with grieving parents and nostalgic grandparents. The dolls are created from a kit composed with the limbs and head made from vinyl and a trunk made from fabric which are painted several times to create the skin tone of newborn babies, their natural-looking hair and eyelashes, and are weighed to make them feel as heavy as human babies when carried. The cost of a "Reborn Baby" varies between hundreds to thousands of euros and takes around 25 hours to be assembled together depending on the level of precision requested by people who "adopt" the dolls.
The actress, 37 now, was supposed to give birth in the coming weeks as she was in the late stages of her pregnancy.
Ada and her family released the following statement through Channel Seven.
“It is with great sadness that we need to share some news with you. Our baby boy Harrison was delivered stillborn on Thursday 7 August 2014. We appreciate your love and support as we mourn the loss of our precious son. We understand we have lived some of our lives in the public eye. But we respectfully ask for privacy at this difficult and extremely painful time so we can grieve and heal.
With love Ada, Chrys & Johnas”
Ada together with her husband Chrys Xipolitas was all set to welcome the new baby.
According to the report by news.com.au, Nicodemou’s elder son Johnas who is now two years old was conceived through In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) .
Ada with husband Chrys tried for more than a year to conceive as a natural course and later opted for IVF to be the parents for the first time. But with Harrison, Ada had fallen pregnant naturally.
Ada, who is famous for her popular character portrayal of Leah on "Home and Away" spoke about her second pregnancy sometime in March. A happy and overjoyed Ada referred to her second pregnancy as a “surprise”.
According to a previous report by The Daily Telegraph, Ada said “for it to happen so quickly after we struggled for so long is a really nice surprise and we feel really, really lucky”.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- HIV Cure: Modified Gene Therapy Causing Resistance And Mysterious Enzyme Could Unlock Effective Treatment
- Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Pregnancy Nausea Should Not Be Called 'Morning Sickness' Because It Lasts All Day
- Text Neck Causes More Harm Than You Think
- Using Hand Dryers in Public Restrooms Could Spread Germs
- Kourtney Kardashian Shares Tips On How To Find A Good Pediatrician For Your Kids
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues