The Big Bang Theory Spoilers: Did Sheldon Get on the Train, Penny’s Story-Arc in Season 8
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 7, 2014 8:16 PM EST
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 saw Sheldon deciding to board a train and exit Pasadena. He was overwhelmed with whatever was happening around him and in his life. The fans were speculating that Sheldon never got on the train and he must have stayed on in Pasadena.
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
TV Line confirms that Sheldon did board the train. The questions, however, are where did Sheldon go and what is his current location. TV Line's report hints that Sheldon may have never got down from the train.
"The bigger question you should be asking yourself is whether he ever stepped foot outside the train during his epic journey," according to TV Line.
Meanwhile, Jim Parsons [Sheldon], Kaley Cuoco [Penny], Johnny Galecki [Leonard] have successfully negotiated a huge pay hike and have signed on their new contracts. They are now taking home $1 million per episode.
The production on the new season began on Wednesday. "Production on season 8 of The Big Bang Theory will begin Wednesday, August 6, with contract negotiations now having been concluded." Warner Bros. TV, the producing house, said in its statement. Originally, the production was scheduled to begin on July 31, but had to be pushed ahead because of the producing house had failed to reach an agreement with the actors on the new contracts.
The new season of "The Big Bang Theory" will continue to show the growth of its quirky characters. Penny will no longer chase her dream of becoming an actress, but she will be seen excelling in a new profession. This is going to cause friction between Leonard and Penny, as she will be earning good money.
"Penny has an interesting arc this year where she puts acting down," Chuck Lorre, executive producer of "The Big Bang Theory," said, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter [THR]. She will be seen joining Bernadette's company as a pharmaceutical representative.
Penny is "going to start making some money, which will unbalance their relationship as the power shifts. She's going to find some confidence and self-esteem, which acting does not provide in great heaping doses," Lorre added.
And, Penny and Leonard, who got engaged in the penultimate episode of Season 7, are not getting married soon in Season 8.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown