The Big Bang Theory Spoilers: Did Sheldon Get on the Train, Penny’s Story-Arc in Season 8
By Anshu Shrivastava | August 7, 2014 8:16 PM EST
"The Big Bang Theory" Season 8 saw Sheldon deciding to board a train and exit Pasadena. He was overwhelmed with whatever was happening around him and in his life. The fans were speculating that Sheldon never got on the train and he must have stayed on in Pasadena.
Actor Jim Parsons accepts the Best Actor in a Comedy Series award for "The Big Bang Theory" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
TV Line confirms that Sheldon did board the train. The questions, however, are where did Sheldon go and what is his current location. TV Line's report hints that Sheldon may have never got down from the train.
"The bigger question you should be asking yourself is whether he ever stepped foot outside the train during his epic journey," according to TV Line.
Meanwhile, Jim Parsons [Sheldon], Kaley Cuoco [Penny], Johnny Galecki [Leonard] have successfully negotiated a huge pay hike and have signed on their new contracts. They are now taking home $1 million per episode.
The production on the new season began on Wednesday. "Production on season 8 of The Big Bang Theory will begin Wednesday, August 6, with contract negotiations now having been concluded." Warner Bros. TV, the producing house, said in its statement. Originally, the production was scheduled to begin on July 31, but had to be pushed ahead because of the producing house had failed to reach an agreement with the actors on the new contracts.
The new season of "The Big Bang Theory" will continue to show the growth of its quirky characters. Penny will no longer chase her dream of becoming an actress, but she will be seen excelling in a new profession. This is going to cause friction between Leonard and Penny, as she will be earning good money.
"Penny has an interesting arc this year where she puts acting down," Chuck Lorre, executive producer of "The Big Bang Theory," said, as quoted by The Hollywood Reporter [THR]. She will be seen joining Bernadette's company as a pharmaceutical representative.
Penny is "going to start making some money, which will unbalance their relationship as the power shifts. She's going to find some confidence and self-esteem, which acting does not provide in great heaping doses," Lorre added.
And, Penny and Leonard, who got engaged in the penultimate episode of Season 7, are not getting married soon in Season 8.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports