Lenovo Launches Vibe Z2 Pro Phablet Amidst Increasing Competition From Xiaomi
By Sovan Mandal | August 7, 2014 6:45 PM EST
Lenovo has finally announced its Vibe Z2 Pro flagship smartphone with actual sales set to commence in September. The device also comes at a time when the entire smartphone business is undergoing some major upheaval in major markets worldwide. The year 2014 could well be seen as the year of emergence of homegrown competitors such as Xiaomi and Micromax in China and India, respectively, which have unsettled the biggies in the business. Samsung has been dethroned from being the biggest smartphone seller in both countries. Lenovo reported rise in profits on the back of strong rise in smartphone sales even as the company got beaten by Xiaomi to the second spot on overall sales in China.
The Vibe Z2 Pro gets to see the light of day in such a scenario, and tech geeks are eager to know if the Lenovo flagship has it all to propel the company past Xiaomi. Right now, Lenovo does have the luxury of having no direct competitor from Xiaomi with the RedMi Note with its 5.5-inch display being the biggest smartphone on offer from Xiaomi, as revealed in a direct comparison in PhoneArena.
Among the other qualities that weigh heavily in favour of the Lenovo flagship is its QHD display brought about by 2,560 x 1,440 pixels. Another area where Lenovo has gone superlative with its latest flagship is the battery that is rated at 4,000 mAh, mentions GSM Arena. That surely is more than enough considering the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 makes do with a 3,200-mAh power source.
Other specifications that the Vibe Z2 Pro comes with can be considered standard fare. These include a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chip and 3 GB RAM combo. However, the 32 GB onboard storage is somewhat fixed considering the device lacks a microSD card slot. The Vibe Z2 though appeals to shutter bugs, thanks to the 16-MP camera it sports at the rear. Add to that OIS and dual LED flash which makes for a complete package. The Vibe Z2 boasts of a full metal body also comes pre-loaded with Android KitKat right out of the box.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Germany, Not U.S., Is The World’s Favorite Country; UK, Canada, Australia Maintain Top 10 Spots