Welcome to Sweden Season 2 is Coming Soon [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | August 7, 2014 6:08 PM EST
"Welcome to Sweden" starring Greg Poehler (Bruce Evans), Josephine Bornebusch (Emma Wiik), Lena Olin (Viveka Börjesson) and Claes Månsson (Birger Wiik) has been renewed for a Season 2. "Welcome to Sweden" is a 22-minute sitcom created and executive produced by Greg Poehler, along with sister Amy Poehler. It is based on some events that actually happened to Greg Poehler. Read on to learn more about it.
Actor Greg Poehler poses during a photocall for the television series "Welcome To Sweden" during the annual MIPCOM television programme market in Cannes, southeastern France, October 7, 2013. The International film and programme market for TV, video, cable and satellite (MIPCOM) opens from October 7 to October 10 on the French Riviera.
According to the Futon Critic, NBC's press release for Aug. 2014 states that "Welcome to Sweden" has been renewed for a second season (ten episodes). But, there is no set premiere date for it yet.
"Welcome to Sweden's" Season 2 renewal was also announced on the show's Facebook page.
The plot of "Welcome to Sweden" revolves around the lives of couple Bruce Evans (Poehler) and Emma Wiik (Bornebusch). Emma is from Sweden, while Bruce is from New York. Bruce is a money manager to the stars. But, he decides to follow Emma when she goes back to Sweden for a banking job. It chronicles the experiences of Bruce while adjusting to a new life in Sweden, away from friends and family. It also includes meeting and trying to win over Emma's family including her mom Viveka (Olin), dad, Birger (Månsson), brother Gustav (Christopher Wagelin) and Uncle Bengt (Per Svensson). He must adjust to the culture shock as well as the communication problems between him and other Swedish people he comes across with.
Other quirky characters in the show include Bruce's dad Wayne (Patrick Duffy) and mother Nancy (Illeana Douglas). Aside from them, there are special guest stars who drop in as themselves, such as Amy Poehler, Gene Simmons, Aubrey Plaza and Will Ferrell.
"Welcome to Sweden" is a co-production of TV4, FLX, eOne and Syskon. Aside from the Poehlers, other executive producers of the "Welcome to Sweden" are Fredrik Arefalk, Felix Herngren and Carrie Stein.
For more updates about "Welcome to Sweden," as well as other news about entertainment, technology, health, science, finance, sports and business, keep reading International Business Times.
Watch the video below of Amy Poehler: "Jag spelar en avskyvärd karaktär" (Welcome to Sweden, TV4):
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build