BlackBerry Still Has It With Its New BlackBerry Z3
By Patricia Marie Tayson | August 7, 2014 5:58 PM EST
BlackBerry may not be sellable to new smartphone users, but there are still a lot of loyal BlackBerry users who are waiting for a good upgrade. According to Street Wise Tech, BlackBerry tries to get back the success it had with the help of the BlackBerry Z30. Some of its remaining fans liked it, but it lacks apps that can live up with other competing smartphones like Apple's iPhones and Samsung's Galaxy and S phones. BlackBerry has partnered with Chinese smartphone manufacturer Foxconn at the Mobile World Congress 2014 to aim at emerging markets and present a new phone.
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
BlackBerry Z3 released recently has a 5-inch display and runs on BlackBerry 10.2.1 OS and 1.2-GHz dual-core processor. It has 1.5 GB of RAM, internal memory of 8 GB, a 5-MP rear camera and 2,500-mAH battery. "Z3 really does feature a plain and simple design", according to CrackBerry. It has a simple design with the front having a black glass over the display with the BlackBerry name on it, a front camera up top and the speaker at the bottom. The back part has a sheet of grippy soft-touch, the rear camera looks like other BlackBerry 10 devices with separate lens caps for the camera and flash. The BlackBerry logo is at the centre. The Z3 is the first BlackBerry10 device to have a microUSB port, and instead of the traditional power and volume buttons on the right, the Z3 has them on the left side.
According to CrackBerry, the Z3 is durable and can stand up with constant use. The BlackBerry 10 OS has new features on the BlackBerry Hub, quick setting options and it can also install android apps.CrackBerry also claims that the Z3 is a good phone. It performs extremely well even, though it does not have the highest specs. According to CrackBerry, the bad things about Z3 is the crappy camera, and it is not available in other regions, while the good thing about the Z3 is it has a solid and durable design, a good battery life and is very affordable.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report