Brazilian Woman Finds Out on Radio Show That Her Husband is Actually Her Brother
By Anne Lu | August 7, 2014 5:24 PM EST
A Brazilian woman searching for her long-lost mother learnt on a live radio show that her husband of seven years is actually her brother.
39-year-old cosmetics saleswoman Adriana had been searching for her mother named Maria, who abandoned her at one year old and left her to be raised by her father. Her husband Leandro, 37, was also searching for his mother, also named Maria, who left him when he was eight years old.
Neither knew that they would not only find their birth mother, but also discover that they are half-siblings.
As reported by The Mirror, Adriana, who was married for 15 years and had three children, met truck driver Leandro after her marriage broke down. They have been together for seven years and have a six-year-old daughter.
Still, she was unable to let go of her search for her mother, so she asked a local radio station for help. Radio Globo’s ‘The Time is Now’ show specialises in finding long-lost relatives, and was able to find Adriana’s mother for her.
When they were reunited during live broadcast of the show, the mother revealed that she also has another son whom she left. That son is called Leandro.
Adriana realised that her husband is the Leandro that her mother left as a child.
“I don’t believe that you’re telling me this. Leandro is my husband,” she was emotional upon learning the truth.
“Now I’m scared to go home and find out that Leandro doesn’t want me anymore. I love him so much.”
Leandro does still want her, though. Together, the couple, who never married legally, told Radio Globo that they will continue living as husband and wife despite knowing their real blood relationship.
“Only death is going to separate us. All this happened because God wanted it to happen,” Adriana insisted. “Of course, it would have been different if we had known all this before, but we didn’t and we fell in love.”
The couple, who refused to reveal their surnames, added that they don’t blame Maria for leaving them. They have forged a relationship with their mother, and plan to meet with her soon.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery