Blizzard's World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Release Date Announcement on Aug. 14, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | August 7, 2014 4:46 PM EST
Blizzard's "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" release date announcement will be on Thursday, Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:30 a.m. PDT. Aside from the release date of the newest WoW expansion, the world premiere of the "Warlords of Draenor" cinematic will also be shown on the said date at the Theatre at Ace Hotel in Los Angeles, California. Plus, there will be other exciting things to watch out for. Read on to learn more about the "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" cinematic and street-date reveal event.
A statue of the character Illidan from the Blizzard Entertainment game "World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade" is displayed at the 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles May 11, 2006.
According to Battle.net, the WoW event also includes a live interview with the game's developers and a first look at the pilot episode of "Lords of War," a brand-new animated lore mini-series. Even if the "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" cinematic and street-date reveal event will start at 9:30 a.m. PDT on Aug. 14, 2014, attendees are advised to arrive early because the doors will open at 8:30 a.m. and the seating is only limited. It's on a first-come, first-served basis. The Theatre at Ace Hotel is at 929 South Broadway in Los Angeles. Those who can't attend the said event in person can just visit WorldofWarcraft.com to watch the live stream. But, if you can attend the live event, you will get a "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" beta key.
However, some of the content at the "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" cinematic and street-date reveal event may not be suitable for children who are 12 years old and below, so if they will attend live, they must be with an adult.
Blizzard SVP of creative development Chris Metzen and CEO Mike Morhaime, as well as "World of Warcraft" designers Brian Holinka and Ion Hazzikostas will be on hand at the special event.
The "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" can already be pre-purchased at Battle.net. Those who will pre-purchase the game will receive a level 90 character boost that they can use in-game. The Standard Edition costs USD$49.99, while the Digital Deluxe Edition is USD$69.99. Click HERE to pre-purchase WoD.
Below is a list of the "World of Warcraft's" expansion sets:
1. "The Burning Crusade" (release date: Jan. 16, 2007)
2. "Wrath of the Lich King" (release date: Nov. 13, 2008)
3. "Cataclysm" (release date: Dec. 7, 2010)
4. "Mists of Pandaria" (release date: Sept. 25, 2012)
5. "Warlords of Draenor" (release date: TBA on Aug. 14, 2014)
For more updates about "World of Warcraft," as well as other news about gaming, technology, entertainment, science, politics, finance, sports, health and business, keep reading International Business Times.
Watch the "Warlords of Draenor" Trailer: Wish You Were Here:
READ MORE ABOUT "WORLD OF WARCRAFT":
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage