Blizzard's World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Release Date Announcement on Aug. 14, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | August 7, 2014 4:46 PM EST
Blizzard's "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" release date announcement will be on Thursday, Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:30 a.m. PDT. Aside from the release date of the newest WoW expansion, the world premiere of the "Warlords of Draenor" cinematic will also be shown on the said date at the Theatre at Ace Hotel in Los Angeles, California. Plus, there will be other exciting things to watch out for. Read on to learn more about the "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" cinematic and street-date reveal event.
A statue of the character Illidan from the Blizzard Entertainment game "World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade" is displayed at the 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles May 11, 2006.
According to Battle.net, the WoW event also includes a live interview with the game's developers and a first look at the pilot episode of "Lords of War," a brand-new animated lore mini-series. Even if the "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" cinematic and street-date reveal event will start at 9:30 a.m. PDT on Aug. 14, 2014, attendees are advised to arrive early because the doors will open at 8:30 a.m. and the seating is only limited. It's on a first-come, first-served basis. The Theatre at Ace Hotel is at 929 South Broadway in Los Angeles. Those who can't attend the said event in person can just visit WorldofWarcraft.com to watch the live stream. But, if you can attend the live event, you will get a "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" beta key.
However, some of the content at the "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" cinematic and street-date reveal event may not be suitable for children who are 12 years old and below, so if they will attend live, they must be with an adult.
Blizzard SVP of creative development Chris Metzen and CEO Mike Morhaime, as well as "World of Warcraft" designers Brian Holinka and Ion Hazzikostas will be on hand at the special event.
The "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" can already be pre-purchased at Battle.net. Those who will pre-purchase the game will receive a level 90 character boost that they can use in-game. The Standard Edition costs USD$49.99, while the Digital Deluxe Edition is USD$69.99. Click HERE to pre-purchase WoD.
Below is a list of the "World of Warcraft's" expansion sets:
1. "The Burning Crusade" (release date: Jan. 16, 2007)
2. "Wrath of the Lich King" (release date: Nov. 13, 2008)
3. "Cataclysm" (release date: Dec. 7, 2010)
4. "Mists of Pandaria" (release date: Sept. 25, 2012)
5. "Warlords of Draenor" (release date: TBA on Aug. 14, 2014)
For more updates about "World of Warcraft," as well as other news about gaming, technology, entertainment, science, politics, finance, sports, health and business, keep reading International Business Times.
Watch the "Warlords of Draenor" Trailer: Wish You Were Here:
READ MORE ABOUT "WORLD OF WARCRAFT":
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones