Blizzard's World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Release Date Announcement on Aug. 14, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | August 7, 2014 4:46 PM EST
Blizzard's "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" release date announcement will be on Thursday, Aug. 14, 2014 at 9:30 a.m. PDT. Aside from the release date of the newest WoW expansion, the world premiere of the "Warlords of Draenor" cinematic will also be shown on the said date at the Theatre at Ace Hotel in Los Angeles, California. Plus, there will be other exciting things to watch out for. Read on to learn more about the "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" cinematic and street-date reveal event.
A statue of the character Illidan from the Blizzard Entertainment game "World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade" is displayed at the 2006 Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles May 11, 2006.
According to Battle.net, the WoW event also includes a live interview with the game's developers and a first look at the pilot episode of "Lords of War," a brand-new animated lore mini-series. Even if the "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" cinematic and street-date reveal event will start at 9:30 a.m. PDT on Aug. 14, 2014, attendees are advised to arrive early because the doors will open at 8:30 a.m. and the seating is only limited. It's on a first-come, first-served basis. The Theatre at Ace Hotel is at 929 South Broadway in Los Angeles. Those who can't attend the said event in person can just visit WorldofWarcraft.com to watch the live stream. But, if you can attend the live event, you will get a "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" beta key.
However, some of the content at the "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" cinematic and street-date reveal event may not be suitable for children who are 12 years old and below, so if they will attend live, they must be with an adult.
Blizzard SVP of creative development Chris Metzen and CEO Mike Morhaime, as well as "World of Warcraft" designers Brian Holinka and Ion Hazzikostas will be on hand at the special event.
The "World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor" can already be pre-purchased at Battle.net. Those who will pre-purchase the game will receive a level 90 character boost that they can use in-game. The Standard Edition costs USD$49.99, while the Digital Deluxe Edition is USD$69.99. Click HERE to pre-purchase WoD.
Below is a list of the "World of Warcraft's" expansion sets:
1. "The Burning Crusade" (release date: Jan. 16, 2007)
2. "Wrath of the Lich King" (release date: Nov. 13, 2008)
3. "Cataclysm" (release date: Dec. 7, 2010)
4. "Mists of Pandaria" (release date: Sept. 25, 2012)
5. "Warlords of Draenor" (release date: TBA on Aug. 14, 2014)
For more updates about "World of Warcraft," as well as other news about gaming, technology, entertainment, science, politics, finance, sports, health and business, keep reading International Business Times.
Watch the "Warlords of Draenor" Trailer: Wish You Were Here:
READ MORE ABOUT "WORLD OF WARCRAFT":
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Updates: Character Creation On Sept 29, Final Resolution And Dynamic NPC Encounters
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate