Batman V Superman Plot Details: Ben Affleck Older, Bat Robots In Gotham
By Tanya Diente | August 7, 2014 3:56 PM EST
The teaser footage for "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" revealed during the San Diego Comic-con probably only upped fans' excitement over the upcoming DC movie. Now a new report has come with some possible spoilers pertaining to Batman's age and his backstory in the "Man of Steel" sequel.
An anti-government demonstrator dressed as Batman yells slogans accompanied by passengers on a bus, during a protest against the 2014 World Cup in Rio de Janeiro June 12, 2014. Placard reads "We want to be the champions in healthcare, education and not just in football."
Sources told Badass Digest writer Devin Faraci that when the movie starts, Ben Affleck's character would already be around 50 years old. Thus, Batman would already have existed for an estimated 30 years.
In "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" the "Dark Knight" is said to still be fairly unknown. No one knows of his existence, nor has a picture been taken of him fighting off crimes. He is still according to Faraci, an "urban legend." However, the superhero reportedly already has been operating in the shadows. In the sequel, this will be hinted at by the Batcave and other significant representations of Batman's adventures such as Robin's suit.
Badass Digest also added to its report a snapshot of Ben Affleck on set of the movie, where he is sporting a few streaks of grey hair. This somehow coincidentally matches his speculated age. The photo was posted by Twitter user Samuel Otten.
Batman's speculated age in the sequel also supports previous claims that fans will see an older version of the "Dark Knight."
According to Cinema Blend, Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara hinted about Batman's age during the Communications and Entertainment Conference of Bank of America Merrill Lynch Media. He claimed Batman will already be "tired and weary and seasoned and been doing it for awhile."
Screenrant added Bruce Wayne's alter-ego may already have retired from personally kicking off crimes. Instead he is indirectly getting rid of the bad guys by commanding an army of crime-fighting robots.
According to the site, "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" will take much of its movie inspiration from Frank Miller's "Dark Knight Returns" finale. If this is the case, then the storyline would point at a different setting in the future. The original members of the "Justice League" including Batman would have already retired. Screenrant claimed Gotham City will be controlled by an aged Batman with the use of bat robots. He would basically be confined to his Batcave while he controls his new crime-fighting army.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Spoiler Update: Return of ‘Asylum’ Character
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate