Batman V Superman Plot Details: Ben Affleck Older, Bat Robots In Gotham
By Tanya Diente | August 7, 2014 3:56 PM EST
The teaser footage for "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" revealed during the San Diego Comic-con probably only upped fans' excitement over the upcoming DC movie. Now a new report has come with some possible spoilers pertaining to Batman's age and his backstory in the "Man of Steel" sequel.
An anti-government demonstrator dressed as Batman yells slogans accompanied by passengers on a bus, during a protest against the 2014 World Cup in Rio de Janeiro June 12, 2014. Placard reads "We want to be the champions in healthcare, education and not just in football."
Sources told Badass Digest writer Devin Faraci that when the movie starts, Ben Affleck's character would already be around 50 years old. Thus, Batman would already have existed for an estimated 30 years.
In "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" the "Dark Knight" is said to still be fairly unknown. No one knows of his existence, nor has a picture been taken of him fighting off crimes. He is still according to Faraci, an "urban legend." However, the superhero reportedly already has been operating in the shadows. In the sequel, this will be hinted at by the Batcave and other significant representations of Batman's adventures such as Robin's suit.
Badass Digest also added to its report a snapshot of Ben Affleck on set of the movie, where he is sporting a few streaks of grey hair. This somehow coincidentally matches his speculated age. The photo was posted by Twitter user Samuel Otten.
Batman's speculated age in the sequel also supports previous claims that fans will see an older version of the "Dark Knight."
According to Cinema Blend, Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara hinted about Batman's age during the Communications and Entertainment Conference of Bank of America Merrill Lynch Media. He claimed Batman will already be "tired and weary and seasoned and been doing it for awhile."
Screenrant added Bruce Wayne's alter-ego may already have retired from personally kicking off crimes. Instead he is indirectly getting rid of the bad guys by commanding an army of crime-fighting robots.
According to the site, "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" will take much of its movie inspiration from Frank Miller's "Dark Knight Returns" finale. If this is the case, then the storyline would point at a different setting in the future. The original members of the "Justice League" including Batman would have already retired. Screenrant claimed Gotham City will be controlled by an aged Batman with the use of bat robots. He would basically be confined to his Batcave while he controls his new crime-fighting army.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best