Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 7, 2014 3:24 PM EST
The Nokia Lumia 630 was released almost 1 year after the Lumia 520. Both devices carry a similar price tag. Here is a comparison between the two devices for readers who are considering buying either of the two devices.
The new Nokia Lumia 520 is pictured during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 25, 2013. The Finnish phonemaker lowered the entry point of its Lumia smartphones with a new model, the Lumia 520, priced at 139 euros ($180).
Display and Design
The Nokia Lumia 630 comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. The Lumia 520 comes with a 4-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels.
Both devices are about the same in this category. The Nokia Lumia 630 has 218-ppi pixel display density compared to the 233-ppi pixel display density on the Lumia 520.
The Nokia Lumia 630 measures 129.5 x 66.7 x 9.2 mm and weighs 134 grams. The Lumia 520 is smaller, narrower and slightly thicker. The device measures 119.9 x 64 x 9.9 mm and weighs 124 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Nokia Lumia 630 is equipped with 1.2-GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a microSD card.
The Lumia 520 is equipped with a 1-GHz dual-core processor and Qualcomm MSM8227 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a microSD card.
The Nokia Lumia 630 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1, and the Lumia 520 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system, which can be upgraded to the 8.1 version. Both devices have 512 MB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the Lumia 630 is the clear winner.
The Nokia Lumia 630 sports a 5-MP camera with autofocus. The Lumia 520 also sports a 5-MP camera with autofocus. Both devices do not have a secondary camera.
The Nokia Lumia 630 comes with a Li-Ion 1,830-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours and 10 minutes on 3G or music play of about 58 hours. The Lumia 520 comes with a Li-Ion 1,430-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 9 hours and 40 minutes on 3G or music play of about 61 hours.
Price in Australia
The Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM is priced at around AU$179.95, and the Lumia 520 is priced at around AU$149.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Sony Xperia Z3X Expectations: Snapdragon 810 64-Bit Processor, No 4K Overheating And Longer 4K Videos
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Main Customisations: Race And Class Setup, Alchemy, Grenades, Weapon And Armour Crafting
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money