Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 7, 2014 3:24 PM EST
The Nokia Lumia 630 was released almost 1 year after the Lumia 520. Both devices carry a similar price tag. Here is a comparison between the two devices for readers who are considering buying either of the two devices.
The new Nokia Lumia 520 is pictured during the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 25, 2013. The Finnish phonemaker lowered the entry point of its Lumia smartphones with a new model, the Lumia 520, priced at 139 euros ($180).
Display and Design
The Nokia Lumia 630 comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. The Lumia 520 comes with a 4-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels.
Both devices are about the same in this category. The Nokia Lumia 630 has 218-ppi pixel display density compared to the 233-ppi pixel display density on the Lumia 520.
The Nokia Lumia 630 measures 129.5 x 66.7 x 9.2 mm and weighs 134 grams. The Lumia 520 is smaller, narrower and slightly thicker. The device measures 119.9 x 64 x 9.9 mm and weighs 124 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Nokia Lumia 630 is equipped with 1.2-GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a microSD card.
The Lumia 520 is equipped with a 1-GHz dual-core processor and Qualcomm MSM8227 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a microSD card.
The Nokia Lumia 630 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1, and the Lumia 520 runs on the Microsoft Windows Phone 8 operating system, which can be upgraded to the 8.1 version. Both devices have 512 MB of RAM. In terms of computing power, the Lumia 630 is the clear winner.
The Nokia Lumia 630 sports a 5-MP camera with autofocus. The Lumia 520 also sports a 5-MP camera with autofocus. Both devices do not have a secondary camera.
The Nokia Lumia 630 comes with a Li-Ion 1,830-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours and 10 minutes on 3G or music play of about 58 hours. The Lumia 520 comes with a Li-Ion 1,430-mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 9 hours and 40 minutes on 3G or music play of about 61 hours.
Price in Australia
The Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM is priced at around AU$179.95, and the Lumia 520 is priced at around AU$149.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report