Xiaomi Mi 4 vs. Nexus 6 Specifications, Features and Price Compared
By Christine Joy Dacanay | August 7, 2014 3:14 PM EST
The Xiaomi Mi 4 smartphone is becoming one of the most-compared phone today. Following its unveiling to the tech-savvy market, much has been expected from the latest addition to the Xiaomi flagship smartphones.
Google, on the other hand, has been cooking up another entry to its Nexus line of smartphones, the Nexus 6. But up to this point the tech giant hasn't confirmed or negated leaks regarding its newest baby. Questions regarding the specs, release date and who will manufacture the Nexus 6 smartphone arise. Will it be HTC or LG who will build the upgraded Nexus handset? Or is it true that the Motorola smartphone codenamed "Shamu" might be the next Nexus smartphone, according to an intelligence by Android Police?
So while the rumours regarding the Nexus 6 and the hype on the Xiaomi Mi 4 is aflame, let this article serve as a guide to help the market decide on which smartphone will make it suit to their needs and preferences.
Display and Design
The Xiaomi Mi 4 boasts of a 5-inch IPS LCD touchscreen display with a crisp and clear resolution of 1,080 x 1,920 pixels while pixel density is at 441 ppi. At the other side of the ring, the Nexus 6 is said to come out with a full HD, curved 5.2-inch LCD screen protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3. But if Motorola will be tapped by Google to develop the smartphone, then the soon-to-come-out Nexus 6 will have a 5.9-inch display size.
The Nexus 6 will boast of Android's updated version which is the Android L, while the Chinese-brand smartphone uses the company's own operating system MIUI V5.
Hardware and Storage Capacity
Rumours state that the Nexus smartphone would have a 64-bit Snapdragon 800 chipset able to process at speeds of up to 3 GHz. If Taiwan Economic Daily News' information is right, then the Nexus 6 might pack-in a 64 -bit Mediatek CPU. It could either be the MT6752, octa-core chipset with a 2.0 GHz frequency or the quad-core chipset MT6732 with 1.5 GHz frequency. There's yet any leaks on the internal storage capacity of Google's flagship phone to date.
Meanwhile, the Mi 4 has two built-in storage options, the 64-GB Xiaomi Mi 4 model or the other one which has 16 GB internal memory capacity. It has a 2 GB RAM, Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset with a CPU speed of around 2.5 GHz and an Adreno 330 GPU to boot.
Camera, Connectivity and Pricing
The Xiaomi Mi 4 has a 13-MP Sony back-facing snapper with auto-focus capability and LED flash while its selfie camera has a resolution of 8 mp. These will be the same camera specifications for the Nexus 6 when it is released by October or November this year.
With regards to connectivity features, both phones have Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC support and 4G LTE support.
The 64-GB Xiaomi Mi 4 has around U.S.$460 (AU$426) tag price, while the 16-GB model sells at around U.S.$320 (AU$340). During the Nexus 5's release, Google sold the units at around AU$540 or £300.
Purportedly, Google will also throw-in a fingerprint scanner for its updated flagship mobile device, the Nexus 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists