Kardashian Family Awarded $84,000 After Winning Lawsuit Filed By Dad's Ex-Wife
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 7, 2014 3:01 PM EST
Reality TV's Royal family, the Kardashians have won over $84,000 after a series of court cases against them were dismissed. The cases were related to their alleged defamation of their father Robert Kardashian's ex-wife, Ellen Pearson-Kardashian.
Television personalities and sisters Khloe (L), Kourtney (C) and Kim Kardashian arrive at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California, March 2, 2014.
In multiple defamation cases filed against Kris, Kourtney, Kim, Khloe and Robert Kardashian Jr., Pearson accused the Kardashian family of conspiring to make her appear like a gold digger on episodes of their reality show, "Keeping Up With the Kardashians." Two production houses were also part of the accused, Ryan Seacrest Productions and Bunim-Murray Productions who are at the helm of the show and its various spin-offs.
A collective amount of over $84,000 was awarded to the members of the Kardashian family as well as the production houses as compensation for their attorney's fees and other legal expenses when a majority of the defamation cases launched against them were dismissed by the Los Angeles Supreme Court.
Pearson was married to Robert Kardashian for only two months until he passed away in September 2003 after a bout with cancer. It has been revealed in recent months that the feud between Pearson and Robert's first family had been going on even before his death.
Earlier this year, Kim Kardashian revealed during court proceedings that Pearson had changed locks to her home in order to keep the Kardashian children away from their father during the months that he was undergoing cancer treatment.
The Kardashian kids have also accused Pearson of marrying Robert for his money and earlier this year, they had filed and won a court case against her for selling excerpts from Robert's diary to the tabloids some of which contains details that the Kardashian siblings claim are damaging to their reputations.
The Kardashian siblings settled a case for the return of Robert Sr.'s diary as well as family pictures that were left in the possession of Ellen Pearson upon Robert's passing. The possessions concerned have since been returned to the siblings and Kris Jenner.
Pearson decided to pursue the defamation cases after settling the case on Robert's possessions but it seems that the Kardashian kids and ex-wife Kris take after Robert when it comes to winning in court. Robert Kardashian Sr. was a high profile lawyer and was part of the legal dream team that managed to get O.J. Simpson acquitted from charges made against him relating to the murder of his ex-wife and Kris Jenner's best friend, Nicole Brown-Simpson.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy