Kardashian Family Awarded $84,000 After Winning Lawsuit Filed By Dad's Ex-Wife
By Christine Jane Caparras | August 7, 2014 3:01 PM EST
Reality TV's Royal family, the Kardashians have won over $84,000 after a series of court cases against them were dismissed. The cases were related to their alleged defamation of their father Robert Kardashian's ex-wife, Ellen Pearson-Kardashian.
Television personalities and sisters Khloe (L), Kourtney (C) and Kim Kardashian arrive at the 2014 Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party in West Hollywood, California, March 2, 2014.
In multiple defamation cases filed against Kris, Kourtney, Kim, Khloe and Robert Kardashian Jr., Pearson accused the Kardashian family of conspiring to make her appear like a gold digger on episodes of their reality show, "Keeping Up With the Kardashians." Two production houses were also part of the accused, Ryan Seacrest Productions and Bunim-Murray Productions who are at the helm of the show and its various spin-offs.
A collective amount of over $84,000 was awarded to the members of the Kardashian family as well as the production houses as compensation for their attorney's fees and other legal expenses when a majority of the defamation cases launched against them were dismissed by the Los Angeles Supreme Court.
Pearson was married to Robert Kardashian for only two months until he passed away in September 2003 after a bout with cancer. It has been revealed in recent months that the feud between Pearson and Robert's first family had been going on even before his death.
Earlier this year, Kim Kardashian revealed during court proceedings that Pearson had changed locks to her home in order to keep the Kardashian children away from their father during the months that he was undergoing cancer treatment.
The Kardashian kids have also accused Pearson of marrying Robert for his money and earlier this year, they had filed and won a court case against her for selling excerpts from Robert's diary to the tabloids some of which contains details that the Kardashian siblings claim are damaging to their reputations.
The Kardashian siblings settled a case for the return of Robert Sr.'s diary as well as family pictures that were left in the possession of Ellen Pearson upon Robert's passing. The possessions concerned have since been returned to the siblings and Kris Jenner.
Pearson decided to pursue the defamation cases after settling the case on Robert's possessions but it seems that the Kardashian kids and ex-wife Kris take after Robert when it comes to winning in court. Robert Kardashian Sr. was a high profile lawyer and was part of the legal dream team that managed to get O.J. Simpson acquitted from charges made against him relating to the murder of his ex-wife and Kris Jenner's best friend, Nicole Brown-Simpson.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop