Christina Aguilera Credits Low Carb Diet for Weight Loss, Flaunts Nude Pregnant Body
By Afza Fathima | August 7, 2014 2:25 PM EST
In a nude photo spread for V magazine, Christina Aguilera flaunted her pregnant body, which shows that she has gained weight only in her belly while she is lean everywhere else.
She said that she is proud to embrace her body through all stages of life while always being fearless and confident about the future. In the recent past, she made news after she lost a massive 35-pounds with the help of yoga, low-carb diet and staying active. There were rumours that she had undergone weight loss surgery or suffered from an eating disorder.
Singer and actress Christina Aguilera sits atop her star at ceremonies unveiling her star of the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California November 15, 2010
Her diet includes high-quality fats like avocado along with chicken breast and fish. She indulges in healthy snacks like almond butter with celery.
During her pregnancy with Max in 2008, she indulged in foods like baked potato, steak, fried chicken and macaroni and cheese. She lost 40-pounds after that by doing cardio workouts and weight-lifting for 90 minutes in a day, five times a week. She followed strict diet of proteins, vegetables and whole grains which totalled to 1,700 calories a day.
Despite not being a workout fanatic, she makes sure she does regular exercise and this is what makes her motivated and confident as it makes her body feel stronger.
Low-carb diets help in reducing hunger which ultimately helps aid weight loss. They are very effective in removing harmful fat from the abdominal cavity. It helps increase the level of high density lipoprotein which is 'good' cholesterol.
Megan Fox, lost her pregnancy weight in record time while on the Paleo diet and Kristin Cavallari, too, lost 20 pounds in 2 months on a diet that involves grass-fed beef, bison and coconut oil. Kristin completely eliminated processed foods from her diet and she makes it a point of reading about anything that she eats. Other celebs who took to the Paleo diet are Tim McGraw, Jessica Biel, Robin Wright and Joe Manganiello.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Maria Menounos Lost 40 Pounds; She Follows a Low Carb Vegetarian Diet, Her Weight Loss and Fitness Secrets Revealed
- 'Django Unchained' Actress Danielle Watts Mistaken As Prostitute And Arrested; Accused Police of Racism
- Airborne Version of Ebola Virus Could Wipe Out 1.2 Million; Aussie Doctor Appeals For Help
- A Wife's Happiness is More Crucial Than Her Husband's For a Long Lasting, Happy Marriage, Finds Study
- Kim Kardashian's Pregnancy Glow Returns; Rumour Mill Suggests That Kim Is Pregnant
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date