Justin Bieber and Lorde Collaboration Speculated After He Posted Photo of Lorde’s Lookalike
By Anne Lu | August 7, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Is Justin Bieber collaborating with Lorde? Reports of a Bieber-Lorde duet swirl after the Canadian tween heartthrob posted a photo on Instagram of him and a girl who looks like the Kiwi teen queen from behind.
Lorde performs during the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014. REUTERS/Fred Thornhill
Apart from a photo of a crying Orlando Bloom on his Instagram, there was nothing that looks out of the ordinary from Bieber’s Instagram account, just the usual stuff taken from his vacations, backstage photos, etc.
However, on Tuesday, he uploaded an image that has made people do a double take.
The photo sees him, shirtless yet again, eating from a bowl while staring at a girl with outstandingly curly locks. The face of the girl is not visible in the photo, but her hair reminds people of one Grammy Award-winning teen from New Zealand.
Some of his followers quickly deduced that the girl was none other than Lorde, who must be working with Bieber if she’s in the same room with him.
Perhaps they are working on a new music video together?
Chart-topping musicians collaborate all the time, so it’s not unfathomable for Bieber and Lorde to create a track together. After all, they are both young; Bieber was recently a teen (he’s 20), and Lorde, 17, is still a teen.
However, there are a few contradicting facts to the speculated collaboration.
First is that Lorde isn’t a big fan of Bieber.
In July 2013, she angered loyal Beliebers, or what Bieber's fans call themselves, when she told MTV News that the slightly older singer wasn’t the best depiction of teenagers.
“I feel like the influences that are in the industry for people my age, like Justin Bieber or whatever, are just maybe not a very real depiction of what it’s like to be a young person,” she said.
That seemingly innocuous observation has landed her on Beliebers’ hate list. She was inundated with mean tweets from Bieber’s tween followers, who staunchly defended their idol.
She wasn’t fazed, though. She refused to take back what she said, telling MTV News later in October, “I don’t think I say anything that isn’t backed up. Most of the time I will stand by things that I’ve said.”
Also, Lorde’s BFF Taylor Swift wouldn’t approve of her associating with Bieber. Not that Lorde needs the star’s approval or anything, but she would be sacrificing her friendship with Taylor if she has indeed partnered with Bieber. There were reports that Swift and Selena Gomez’s friendship took a stumble when Gomez reunited with Bieber.
Another reason why a Bieber-Lorde collaboration doesn’t look promising, at least for now, is it wasn’t Lorde in Bieber’s picture.
As blogger Perez Hilton found out, the girl is model Ashley Moore, whose hair looked similar to Lorde’s signature curly locks.
So there you have it. The circulating report that Bieber and Lorde are working on music together looks farfetched in the meantime.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced