Expendables 3: Jason Statham Nearly Died On Set, Jokes About Incident
By Tanya Diente | August 7, 2014 1:21 PM EST
Sylvester Stallone recalled the terrifying moment when his "Expendables" co-star Jason Statham almost died during the filming of the third sequel of their action-packed movie however the actor played down any talk of death.
Cast member Jason Statham arrives for the premiere of the film "Parker" in New York, January 23, 2013.
Statham is known for doing his own stunts according to the site. So when he was "test-driving a three-ton truck" its brakes reportedly failed. According to Stallone, the truck "went down 60 feet into the Black Sea and became impaled." Fortunately, Jason Statham was instantly able to jump into safety, since according to Stallone the truck's doors were "taken off before."
"If anyone else had been in that truck we would have been dead because we were all wearing heavy boots and gun belts," Stallone recalled.
Jason Statham was reportedly spared from drowning and apparently from death because of his swimming skills. Stallone said if it was the other cast, they "would have drowned."
"But because Jason is an Olympic-quality diver he got out of it," he said.
But the 47-year old Jason Statham merely joked about any death talk with regard to his stunts as what The Independent reported. When asked about the worst casualties he had suffered from filming "Expendables 3," he jokingly replied, "I snapped a shoelace in the very first scene."
Sylvester Stallone on the other hand wasn't so lucky. According to Mirror UK, he went into surgery to have "some metal" put into his back. The actor said he "ended up really taking a fall" while filming "Expendables 3." But he claimed "he is getting better."
Meanwhile Sylvester Stallone also commented Statham on his looks during the London premiere of their movie.
"Jason looks great on camera. He is a great athlete. He learned on the street and is a bad ass for real," he said.
Jason Statham was spared from death while filming "Expendables 3" because of his background as an experienced diver. According to The Independent, he was an athlete before gaining stardom in the Guy Ritchie-directed gangster film "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels." He competed for England in the springboard and the platform diving competition in the Commonwealth Games in Auckland and New Zealand in 1990.
Source: YouTube/ Elvira Waters
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine