Expendables 3: Jason Statham Nearly Died On Set, Jokes About Incident
By Tanya Diente | August 7, 2014 1:21 PM EST
Sylvester Stallone recalled the terrifying moment when his "Expendables" co-star Jason Statham almost died during the filming of the third sequel of their action-packed movie however the actor played down any talk of death.
Cast member Jason Statham arrives for the premiere of the film "Parker" in New York, January 23, 2013.
Statham is known for doing his own stunts according to the site. So when he was "test-driving a three-ton truck" its brakes reportedly failed. According to Stallone, the truck "went down 60 feet into the Black Sea and became impaled." Fortunately, Jason Statham was instantly able to jump into safety, since according to Stallone the truck's doors were "taken off before."
"If anyone else had been in that truck we would have been dead because we were all wearing heavy boots and gun belts," Stallone recalled.
Jason Statham was reportedly spared from drowning and apparently from death because of his swimming skills. Stallone said if it was the other cast, they "would have drowned."
"But because Jason is an Olympic-quality diver he got out of it," he said.
But the 47-year old Jason Statham merely joked about any death talk with regard to his stunts as what The Independent reported. When asked about the worst casualties he had suffered from filming "Expendables 3," he jokingly replied, "I snapped a shoelace in the very first scene."
Sylvester Stallone on the other hand wasn't so lucky. According to Mirror UK, he went into surgery to have "some metal" put into his back. The actor said he "ended up really taking a fall" while filming "Expendables 3." But he claimed "he is getting better."
Meanwhile Sylvester Stallone also commented Statham on his looks during the London premiere of their movie.
"Jason looks great on camera. He is a great athlete. He learned on the street and is a bad ass for real," he said.
Jason Statham was spared from death while filming "Expendables 3" because of his background as an experienced diver. According to The Independent, he was an athlete before gaining stardom in the Guy Ritchie-directed gangster film "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels." He competed for England in the springboard and the platform diving competition in the Commonwealth Games in Auckland and New Zealand in 1990.
Source: YouTube/ Elvira Waters
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone