Expendables 3: Jason Statham Nearly Died On Set, Jokes About Incident
By Tanya Diente | August 7, 2014 1:21 PM EST
Sylvester Stallone recalled the terrifying moment when his "Expendables" co-star Jason Statham almost died during the filming of the third sequel of their action-packed movie however the actor played down any talk of death.
Cast member Jason Statham arrives for the premiere of the film "Parker" in New York, January 23, 2013.
Statham is known for doing his own stunts according to the site. So when he was "test-driving a three-ton truck" its brakes reportedly failed. According to Stallone, the truck "went down 60 feet into the Black Sea and became impaled." Fortunately, Jason Statham was instantly able to jump into safety, since according to Stallone the truck's doors were "taken off before."
"If anyone else had been in that truck we would have been dead because we were all wearing heavy boots and gun belts," Stallone recalled.
Jason Statham was reportedly spared from drowning and apparently from death because of his swimming skills. Stallone said if it was the other cast, they "would have drowned."
"But because Jason is an Olympic-quality diver he got out of it," he said.
But the 47-year old Jason Statham merely joked about any death talk with regard to his stunts as what The Independent reported. When asked about the worst casualties he had suffered from filming "Expendables 3," he jokingly replied, "I snapped a shoelace in the very first scene."
Sylvester Stallone on the other hand wasn't so lucky. According to Mirror UK, he went into surgery to have "some metal" put into his back. The actor said he "ended up really taking a fall" while filming "Expendables 3." But he claimed "he is getting better."
Meanwhile Sylvester Stallone also commented Statham on his looks during the London premiere of their movie.
"Jason looks great on camera. He is a great athlete. He learned on the street and is a bad ass for real," he said.
Jason Statham was spared from death while filming "Expendables 3" because of his background as an experienced diver. According to The Independent, he was an athlete before gaining stardom in the Guy Ritchie-directed gangster film "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels." He competed for England in the springboard and the platform diving competition in the Commonwealth Games in Auckland and New Zealand in 1990.
Source: YouTube/ Elvira Waters
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows