Expendables 3: Jason Statham Nearly Died On Set, Jokes About Incident
By Tanya Diente | August 7, 2014 1:21 PM EST
Sylvester Stallone recalled the terrifying moment when his "Expendables" co-star Jason Statham almost died during the filming of the third sequel of their action-packed movie however the actor played down any talk of death.
Cast member Jason Statham arrives for the premiere of the film "Parker" in New York, January 23, 2013.
Statham is known for doing his own stunts according to the site. So when he was "test-driving a three-ton truck" its brakes reportedly failed. According to Stallone, the truck "went down 60 feet into the Black Sea and became impaled." Fortunately, Jason Statham was instantly able to jump into safety, since according to Stallone the truck's doors were "taken off before."
"If anyone else had been in that truck we would have been dead because we were all wearing heavy boots and gun belts," Stallone recalled.
Jason Statham was reportedly spared from drowning and apparently from death because of his swimming skills. Stallone said if it was the other cast, they "would have drowned."
"But because Jason is an Olympic-quality diver he got out of it," he said.
But the 47-year old Jason Statham merely joked about any death talk with regard to his stunts as what The Independent reported. When asked about the worst casualties he had suffered from filming "Expendables 3," he jokingly replied, "I snapped a shoelace in the very first scene."
Sylvester Stallone on the other hand wasn't so lucky. According to Mirror UK, he went into surgery to have "some metal" put into his back. The actor said he "ended up really taking a fall" while filming "Expendables 3." But he claimed "he is getting better."
Meanwhile Sylvester Stallone also commented Statham on his looks during the London premiere of their movie.
"Jason looks great on camera. He is a great athlete. He learned on the street and is a bad ass for real," he said.
Jason Statham was spared from death while filming "Expendables 3" because of his background as an experienced diver. According to The Independent, he was an athlete before gaining stardom in the Guy Ritchie-directed gangster film "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels." He competed for England in the springboard and the platform diving competition in the Commonwealth Games in Auckland and New Zealand in 1990.
Source: YouTube/ Elvira Waters
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness