Captain America 3 Spoilers: The Winter Soldier Directors Reveal Details; Find Out What to Expect
By jaskiran kaur | August 7, 2014 12:48 PM EST
"Captain America 3" will not hit theatres until 2016. However, speculations and details about the movie have begun to surface. The directors of the "Captain America 2" recently talked about the much-anticipated Marvel movie. Here is what they have to say about sequel of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."
In an interview with Yahoo Movies, Joe and Anthony Russo dished out some details suggesting what fans can expect from "Captain America 3." The movie will take place "a couple years" after the events of "The Winter Soldier." The directors also confirmed that the movie will explore Steve Roger's relationship with friend Bucky Barnes, who was identified as the Winter Soldier by Captain America. Moreover, it was confirmed that the film will also feature "themes of politics and power."
"The character was invented for an explicitly political purpose. So it's hard to get away from that nature," Anthony Russo told Yahoo Movies.
"His morality is part of his superpowers," Joe Russo added.
The report notes that the directors didn't reveal much of the details. However, they guarantee introducing "some new elements" that will provide a "twist on Winter Soldier." Noting the point, Yahoo Movies speculates that this could be a clue to Captain America authorizing Bucky Barnes or Falcon the "Captain America shield." The next film is speculated to launch the "new hero" as Chris Evans is "shifting his focus to directing." Fans must note that these are mere speculations.
According to the report, before the directors start filming "Captain America 3," they will be helming few episodes of ABC's another Marvel TV show "Agent Carter." Moreover, before "The Winter Soldier" sequel, fans need to catch up with Marvel movies "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and "Ant Man." While "Avengers 2" is scheduled to release on May 1, 2015, Captain America will open exactly a year after on May 6, 2016.
It is still unclear who will actually take over Captain America's place and the shield. Actor Anthony Mackie, who plays The Falcon, talked about the potential change at Fandomfest in Louisville with Comicbook.
"I don't know. I mean I'm excited about it" Anthony Mackie told Comicbook.
"You know, I'm excited to see Sebastian play Cap. I think Sebastian's a great actor," the actor added.
As for the possibility of him taking Captain America's place after "Captain America 3," he said he is "enjoying his part beside" Captain America. He said he is in "no" hurry to be the next Captain America.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight