Captain America 3 Spoilers: The Winter Soldier Directors Reveal Details; Find Out What to Expect
By jaskiran kaur | August 7, 2014 12:48 PM EST
"Captain America 3" will not hit theatres until 2016. However, speculations and details about the movie have begun to surface. The directors of the "Captain America 2" recently talked about the much-anticipated Marvel movie. Here is what they have to say about sequel of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."
In an interview with Yahoo Movies, Joe and Anthony Russo dished out some details suggesting what fans can expect from "Captain America 3." The movie will take place "a couple years" after the events of "The Winter Soldier." The directors also confirmed that the movie will explore Steve Roger's relationship with friend Bucky Barnes, who was identified as the Winter Soldier by Captain America. Moreover, it was confirmed that the film will also feature "themes of politics and power."
"The character was invented for an explicitly political purpose. So it's hard to get away from that nature," Anthony Russo told Yahoo Movies.
"His morality is part of his superpowers," Joe Russo added.
The report notes that the directors didn't reveal much of the details. However, they guarantee introducing "some new elements" that will provide a "twist on Winter Soldier." Noting the point, Yahoo Movies speculates that this could be a clue to Captain America authorizing Bucky Barnes or Falcon the "Captain America shield." The next film is speculated to launch the "new hero" as Chris Evans is "shifting his focus to directing." Fans must note that these are mere speculations.
According to the report, before the directors start filming "Captain America 3," they will be helming few episodes of ABC's another Marvel TV show "Agent Carter." Moreover, before "The Winter Soldier" sequel, fans need to catch up with Marvel movies "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and "Ant Man." While "Avengers 2" is scheduled to release on May 1, 2015, Captain America will open exactly a year after on May 6, 2016.
It is still unclear who will actually take over Captain America's place and the shield. Actor Anthony Mackie, who plays The Falcon, talked about the potential change at Fandomfest in Louisville with Comicbook.
"I don't know. I mean I'm excited about it" Anthony Mackie told Comicbook.
"You know, I'm excited to see Sebastian play Cap. I think Sebastian's a great actor," the actor added.
As for the possibility of him taking Captain America's place after "Captain America 3," he said he is "enjoying his part beside" Captain America. He said he is in "no" hurry to be the next Captain America.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage