Captain America 3 Spoilers: The Winter Soldier Directors Reveal Details; Find Out What to Expect
By jaskiran kaur | August 7, 2014 12:48 PM EST
"Captain America 3" will not hit theatres until 2016. However, speculations and details about the movie have begun to surface. The directors of the "Captain America 2" recently talked about the much-anticipated Marvel movie. Here is what they have to say about sequel of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."
In an interview with Yahoo Movies, Joe and Anthony Russo dished out some details suggesting what fans can expect from "Captain America 3." The movie will take place "a couple years" after the events of "The Winter Soldier." The directors also confirmed that the movie will explore Steve Roger's relationship with friend Bucky Barnes, who was identified as the Winter Soldier by Captain America. Moreover, it was confirmed that the film will also feature "themes of politics and power."
"The character was invented for an explicitly political purpose. So it's hard to get away from that nature," Anthony Russo told Yahoo Movies.
"His morality is part of his superpowers," Joe Russo added.
The report notes that the directors didn't reveal much of the details. However, they guarantee introducing "some new elements" that will provide a "twist on Winter Soldier." Noting the point, Yahoo Movies speculates that this could be a clue to Captain America authorizing Bucky Barnes or Falcon the "Captain America shield." The next film is speculated to launch the "new hero" as Chris Evans is "shifting his focus to directing." Fans must note that these are mere speculations.
According to the report, before the directors start filming "Captain America 3," they will be helming few episodes of ABC's another Marvel TV show "Agent Carter." Moreover, before "The Winter Soldier" sequel, fans need to catch up with Marvel movies "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and "Ant Man." While "Avengers 2" is scheduled to release on May 1, 2015, Captain America will open exactly a year after on May 6, 2016.
It is still unclear who will actually take over Captain America's place and the shield. Actor Anthony Mackie, who plays The Falcon, talked about the potential change at Fandomfest in Louisville with Comicbook.
"I don't know. I mean I'm excited about it" Anthony Mackie told Comicbook.
"You know, I'm excited to see Sebastian play Cap. I think Sebastian's a great actor," the actor added.
As for the possibility of him taking Captain America's place after "Captain America 3," he said he is "enjoying his part beside" Captain America. He said he is in "no" hurry to be the next Captain America.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft