Captain America 3 Spoilers: The Winter Soldier Directors Reveal Details; Find Out What to Expect
By jaskiran kaur | August 7, 2014 12:48 PM EST
"Captain America 3" will not hit theatres until 2016. However, speculations and details about the movie have begun to surface. The directors of the "Captain America 2" recently talked about the much-anticipated Marvel movie. Here is what they have to say about sequel of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."
In an interview with Yahoo Movies, Joe and Anthony Russo dished out some details suggesting what fans can expect from "Captain America 3." The movie will take place "a couple years" after the events of "The Winter Soldier." The directors also confirmed that the movie will explore Steve Roger's relationship with friend Bucky Barnes, who was identified as the Winter Soldier by Captain America. Moreover, it was confirmed that the film will also feature "themes of politics and power."
"The character was invented for an explicitly political purpose. So it's hard to get away from that nature," Anthony Russo told Yahoo Movies.
"His morality is part of his superpowers," Joe Russo added.
The report notes that the directors didn't reveal much of the details. However, they guarantee introducing "some new elements" that will provide a "twist on Winter Soldier." Noting the point, Yahoo Movies speculates that this could be a clue to Captain America authorizing Bucky Barnes or Falcon the "Captain America shield." The next film is speculated to launch the "new hero" as Chris Evans is "shifting his focus to directing." Fans must note that these are mere speculations.
According to the report, before the directors start filming "Captain America 3," they will be helming few episodes of ABC's another Marvel TV show "Agent Carter." Moreover, before "The Winter Soldier" sequel, fans need to catch up with Marvel movies "Avengers: Age of Ultron" and "Ant Man." While "Avengers 2" is scheduled to release on May 1, 2015, Captain America will open exactly a year after on May 6, 2016.
It is still unclear who will actually take over Captain America's place and the shield. Actor Anthony Mackie, who plays The Falcon, talked about the potential change at Fandomfest in Louisville with Comicbook.
"I don't know. I mean I'm excited about it" Anthony Mackie told Comicbook.
"You know, I'm excited to see Sebastian play Cap. I think Sebastian's a great actor," the actor added.
As for the possibility of him taking Captain America's place after "Captain America 3," he said he is "enjoying his part beside" Captain America. He said he is in "no" hurry to be the next Captain America.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border