Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Spoilers: Marvel President Kevin Feige Dishes on the Story; What to Expect from GOTG 2
By jaskiran kaur | August 7, 2014 12:35 PM EST
Marvel's latest venture "Guardians of the Galaxy" (GOTG) gained enormous success within few days of its release. Only a weekend has passed and the movie has already earned positive reception and $94 million business. Marvel fans are now looking forward to the next instalment of the franchise. For those eager fans, here are some details about the plot of "Guardians of the Galaxy 2" as revealed by the Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige.
In an interview with IGN, Kevin Fiege discussed the plot of "Guardian of the Galaxy" sequel. The report notes that "GOTG 2" will unravel the answers to some of the "Guardians' big questions."
One of the biggest revelations was made in the final scenes of the movie when fans learnt about Peter Quill or Star Lord's father. However, the mystery remains unsolved.
"I think it's pretty important," Feige told IGN when he was asked "who is Peter Quill's father?"
The Marvel head promised that the unresolved mystery "would certainly be part of a next Guardians adventure." Feige also assured that such a revelation would not be spoiled before "GOTG 2."
As per Marvel comics, Peter Quill's mother is a human and father is an alien who looks like a human. In the comics, his mother is called Meredith and father is known as J'son of Spartax. However, the report suggests that "there's no guarantee the movies will follow the same path."
While not revealing much about Nebula's "return," Kevin Feige teased that "any character that doesn't perish is certainly fair game to come back." Furthermore, he noted that in the comics "Nebula has a lot of varying different roles to play over the course of a lot different titles."
As for the supervillain Thanos, Kevin Feige refused to reveal anything for the fear of dropping a spoiler. At the same time, Feige did not deny the possibility of "Avengers" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" crossover or "Avengers" and "Guardians" team-up. Fans are anticipating the tie-in.
"So who knows if and when these guys would ever connect, but it is fun thinking about, how would Steve Rogers react to Rocket?" Marvel Studio President told IGN while speaking about the potential plot of "Guardians of the Galaxy 2."
Meanwhile, fans must note that "Guardians of the Galaxy" sequel has been confirmed. Director James Gunn confirmed the news and announced the release date of "GOTG 2" on July 27 via Twitter. He posted a tweet that says that "Guardian of the Galaxy 2" will be released onJuly 28, 2017.
Yes, I’m writing and directing the sequel to #GuardiansoftheGalaxy for theaters July 28 2017. But first go see the first one out next week!
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) July 27, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage