Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Spoilers: Marvel President Kevin Feige Dishes on the Story; What to Expect from GOTG 2
By jaskiran kaur | August 7, 2014 12:35 PM EST
Marvel's latest venture "Guardians of the Galaxy" (GOTG) gained enormous success within few days of its release. Only a weekend has passed and the movie has already earned positive reception and $94 million business. Marvel fans are now looking forward to the next instalment of the franchise. For those eager fans, here are some details about the plot of "Guardians of the Galaxy 2" as revealed by the Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige.
In an interview with IGN, Kevin Fiege discussed the plot of "Guardian of the Galaxy" sequel. The report notes that "GOTG 2" will unravel the answers to some of the "Guardians' big questions."
One of the biggest revelations was made in the final scenes of the movie when fans learnt about Peter Quill or Star Lord's father. However, the mystery remains unsolved.
"I think it's pretty important," Feige told IGN when he was asked "who is Peter Quill's father?"
The Marvel head promised that the unresolved mystery "would certainly be part of a next Guardians adventure." Feige also assured that such a revelation would not be spoiled before "GOTG 2."
As per Marvel comics, Peter Quill's mother is a human and father is an alien who looks like a human. In the comics, his mother is called Meredith and father is known as J'son of Spartax. However, the report suggests that "there's no guarantee the movies will follow the same path."
While not revealing much about Nebula's "return," Kevin Feige teased that "any character that doesn't perish is certainly fair game to come back." Furthermore, he noted that in the comics "Nebula has a lot of varying different roles to play over the course of a lot different titles."
As for the supervillain Thanos, Kevin Feige refused to reveal anything for the fear of dropping a spoiler. At the same time, Feige did not deny the possibility of "Avengers" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" crossover or "Avengers" and "Guardians" team-up. Fans are anticipating the tie-in.
"So who knows if and when these guys would ever connect, but it is fun thinking about, how would Steve Rogers react to Rocket?" Marvel Studio President told IGN while speaking about the potential plot of "Guardians of the Galaxy 2."
Meanwhile, fans must note that "Guardians of the Galaxy" sequel has been confirmed. Director James Gunn confirmed the news and announced the release date of "GOTG 2" on July 27 via Twitter. He posted a tweet that says that "Guardian of the Galaxy 2" will be released onJuly 28, 2017.
Yes, I’m writing and directing the sequel to #GuardiansoftheGalaxy for theaters July 28 2017. But first go see the first one out next week!
— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) July 27, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery