5-Inch Motorola Moto G2 (aka Moto G+1) Spotted in Benchmark Testing Site; Specifications Out
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 7, 2014 12:28 PM EST
Motorola Moto G was released in the last quarter of 2013, while the Moto G 4G LTE variant was released in June 2014. The handset was well-received by both critics and users alike. This can be attributed to the fact that Moto G comes packed with terrific features, impressive under the hood performance but still maintains the budget-friendliness of the phone. However, Motorola's next-generation Moto G, also referred by GSM Arena as Moto G2, could be in the offing.
Attendees play a check-in game to win prizes by tapping their NFC-enabled Android smartphones at the Google I/O developers conference in San Francisco June 25, 2014.
Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Available for Developer Preview Users; Rest Can Avail the Update via Microsoft's App Studio Program Now
In July, a smartphone picture claiming to be the next-generation Moto G made waves in the blogosphere. Recently, the Moto G2 device has been spotted in a benchmark testing site. Adding cherry on top, we now have the revealed specifications of the alleged Moto G2. Nevertheless, Motorola has not confirmed the existence of such a device, according to GSM Arena.
Apparently, a Motorola smartphone tied to the model number XT1063 was sighted in the GFXBench site. This handset is rumoured to be the next-generation Moto G or Moto G2 or Moto G+1 (as Phone Arena calls it).
As far as the specification goes, the Moto G2 features a 5-inch display bundled with 1,280 x 720 pixels screen resolution. Whereas the original Moto G comes with a 4.5-inch display but the resolution is the same as the upcoming device.
The Moto G2 is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor clocked at 1.2 GHz. Notably, the original Moto G is also powered by the same processor unit. When it comes to memory/storage, the device houses 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage capacity. Nevertheless, there is no information available on the expandable storage part of the device at this point. Owing to the fact that 2014 Moto G 4G LTE variant comes equipped with microSD card support, we are hoping that the Moto G2 may as well come with expandable memory option.
In addition, the device sports an 8 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash and a 2 MP front-facing shooter. However, the predecessor comes with a 5 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash and a 1.3 MP front-facing shooter. The upcoming Moto device runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat, while the currently available Moto G runs on Android OS v4.4.2 KitKat.
Apart from these changes in specifications, there seem to be no other revolutionary changes to the original Moto G handset. If reports are true, the Moto G2 might be unveiled along with the upcoming Moto X+1 handset in fall 2014.
1. Motorola Moto G (4G LTE) Available for $179.99 at Best Buy (Hurry, Limited Period Offer) - [Read]
2. Oppo N1 Mini with Killer 24 MP Ultra HD Camera, 5-Inch Display, 2 GB RAM in the Offing; Price and Specifications Listed - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft