Huawei Ascend G6 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 7, 2014 12:26 PM EST
Released six months apart, both the Huawei Ascend G6 and the Motorola Moto G are similarly priced. For readers who are considering buying one of the devices, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013. The new Motorola phone, which is being aimed at consumers in developing markets like Brazil and India as well as budget-buyers in Western countries, is the second major new product that Motorola has developed since its acquisition by Internet company Google in 2012. REUTERS/Nacho Doce
Display and Design
The Huawei Ascend G6 comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Motorola Moto G comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels.
The Moto G is the clear winner in this category with 326 ppi pixels display density compared to the 245 ppi pixels display density on the Huawei Ascend G6.
The Huawei Ascend G6 measures 130 x 65 x 7.5 mm and weighs 115 grams. The Moto G has a similar design but is thicker and heavier, the device measures 129.9 x 65.9 x 11.6 mm and weighs 143 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Huawei Ascend G6 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core processor. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Motorola Moto G is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes in 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Huawei Ascend G6 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and the Motorola Moto G runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The Huawei Ascend G6 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The Motorola Moto G sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The Huawei Ascend G6 comes with a Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery and the Motorola Moto G comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The Huawei Ascend G6 is priced at around AU $253. The Motorola Moto G 8 GB variant is priced at around AU $219.95 and the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $319.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage