Huawei Ascend G6 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 7, 2014 12:26 PM EST
Released six months apart, both the Huawei Ascend G6 and the Motorola Moto G are similarly priced. For readers who are considering buying one of the devices, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013. The new Motorola phone, which is being aimed at consumers in developing markets like Brazil and India as well as budget-buyers in Western countries, is the second major new product that Motorola has developed since its acquisition by Internet company Google in 2012. REUTERS/Nacho Doce
Display and Design
The Huawei Ascend G6 comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Motorola Moto G comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels.
The Moto G is the clear winner in this category with 326 ppi pixels display density compared to the 245 ppi pixels display density on the Huawei Ascend G6.
The Huawei Ascend G6 measures 130 x 65 x 7.5 mm and weighs 115 grams. The Moto G has a similar design but is thicker and heavier, the device measures 129.9 x 65.9 x 11.6 mm and weighs 143 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Huawei Ascend G6 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core processor. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Motorola Moto G is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes in 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Huawei Ascend G6 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and the Motorola Moto G runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The Huawei Ascend G6 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The Motorola Moto G sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The Huawei Ascend G6 comes with a Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery and the Motorola Moto G comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The Huawei Ascend G6 is priced at around AU $253. The Motorola Moto G 8 GB variant is priced at around AU $219.95 and the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $319.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid