Huawei Ascend G6 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 7, 2014 12:26 PM EST
Released six months apart, both the Huawei Ascend G6 and the Motorola Moto G are similarly priced. For readers who are considering buying one of the devices, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013. The new Motorola phone, which is being aimed at consumers in developing markets like Brazil and India as well as budget-buyers in Western countries, is the second major new product that Motorola has developed since its acquisition by Internet company Google in 2012. REUTERS/Nacho Doce
Display and Design
The Huawei Ascend G6 comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Motorola Moto G comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels.
The Moto G is the clear winner in this category with 326 ppi pixels display density compared to the 245 ppi pixels display density on the Huawei Ascend G6.
The Huawei Ascend G6 measures 130 x 65 x 7.5 mm and weighs 115 grams. The Moto G has a similar design but is thicker and heavier, the device measures 129.9 x 65.9 x 11.6 mm and weighs 143 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Huawei Ascend G6 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core processor. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Motorola Moto G is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes in 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Huawei Ascend G6 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and the Motorola Moto G runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The Huawei Ascend G6 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The Motorola Moto G sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The Huawei Ascend G6 comes with a Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery and the Motorola Moto G comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The Huawei Ascend G6 is priced at around AU $253. The Motorola Moto G 8 GB variant is priced at around AU $219.95 and the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $319.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues