Huawei Ascend G6 vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 7, 2014 12:26 PM EST
Released six months apart, both the Huawei Ascend G6 and the Motorola Moto G are similarly priced. For readers who are considering buying one of the devices, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia.
A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013. The new Motorola phone, which is being aimed at consumers in developing markets like Brazil and India as well as budget-buyers in Western countries, is the second major new product that Motorola has developed since its acquisition by Internet company Google in 2012. REUTERS/Nacho Doce
Display and Design
The Huawei Ascend G6 comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels. The Motorola Moto G comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels.
The Moto G is the clear winner in this category with 326 ppi pixels display density compared to the 245 ppi pixels display density on the Huawei Ascend G6.
The Huawei Ascend G6 measures 130 x 65 x 7.5 mm and weighs 115 grams. The Moto G has a similar design but is thicker and heavier, the device measures 129.9 x 65.9 x 11.6 mm and weighs 143 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Huawei Ascend G6 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core processor. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Motorola Moto G is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes in 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Huawei Ascend G6 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and the Motorola Moto G runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. Both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The Huawei Ascend G6 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The Motorola Moto G sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The Huawei Ascend G6 comes with a Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery and the Motorola Moto G comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The Huawei Ascend G6 is priced at around AU $253. The Motorola Moto G 8 GB variant is priced at around AU $219.95 and the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $319.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports