Amir Khan Hopes to Fight Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | August 7, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Amir Khan is one of the most exciting young boxers today. After his professional debut in 2005, the two-time world champion has already gone a long way in his boxing career.
Apr 12, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Manny Pacquiao celebrates his victory over Timothy Bradley (not pictured) after their WBO World Welterweight Title bout at MGM Grand Garden Arena. Pacquiao won via unanimous decision. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
"So much has happened since then. I've come back from losses and won world titles," the 27-year old said via The Guardian. "I've boxed in the UK and America, won fight of the year and moved up three weight classes. I've achieved so much and I'm still only 27."
The world-class boxer appears to know how to choose his opponents by expressing his desire to fight with the undefeated Floyd Mayweather and the eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao.
Mayweather has already decided to fight a rematch with Marcos Maidana, who was previously defeated by Khan in 2010. Their first fight was an expected easy win for the American boxer but it is apparent that age has been catching up for Mayweather.
The young English boxer said that Mayweather won but it was not an easy fight. He added that if Mayweather had fought him, the outcome would turn out different because he is much faster.
Khan also said that he is willing to fight the Filipino pound-for-pound king, Manny Pacquiao anywhere, even in Dubai. However, the chances are slim because Dubai is not yet ready to host a big boxing event of such magnitude and Pacquiao has already confirmed a fight with Chris Algieri later this year.
"Boxing is all about timing and Manny and Floyd are getting older. Someone has to take their place. Mayweather would be a very technical fight, like a game of chess. But I think Manny would be harder. He's much more aggressive and it would be more intense," said when he's asked to compare Pacquiao and Mayweather."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe