Amir Khan Hopes to Fight Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | August 7, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Amir Khan is one of the most exciting young boxers today. After his professional debut in 2005, the two-time world champion has already gone a long way in his boxing career.
Apr 12, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Manny Pacquiao celebrates his victory over Timothy Bradley (not pictured) after their WBO World Welterweight Title bout at MGM Grand Garden Arena. Pacquiao won via unanimous decision. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
"So much has happened since then. I've come back from losses and won world titles," the 27-year old said via The Guardian. "I've boxed in the UK and America, won fight of the year and moved up three weight classes. I've achieved so much and I'm still only 27."
The world-class boxer appears to know how to choose his opponents by expressing his desire to fight with the undefeated Floyd Mayweather and the eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao.
Mayweather has already decided to fight a rematch with Marcos Maidana, who was previously defeated by Khan in 2010. Their first fight was an expected easy win for the American boxer but it is apparent that age has been catching up for Mayweather.
The young English boxer said that Mayweather won but it was not an easy fight. He added that if Mayweather had fought him, the outcome would turn out different because he is much faster.
Khan also said that he is willing to fight the Filipino pound-for-pound king, Manny Pacquiao anywhere, even in Dubai. However, the chances are slim because Dubai is not yet ready to host a big boxing event of such magnitude and Pacquiao has already confirmed a fight with Chris Algieri later this year.
"Boxing is all about timing and Manny and Floyd are getting older. Someone has to take their place. Mayweather would be a very technical fight, like a game of chess. But I think Manny would be harder. He's much more aggressive and it would be more intense," said when he's asked to compare Pacquiao and Mayweather."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Mayweather Jr. Responds To 2015 Super Fight Talks; American Bashes Pacquiao With Social Media Video Post of Marquez's KO
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast