Amir Khan Hopes to Fight Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | August 7, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Amir Khan is one of the most exciting young boxers today. After his professional debut in 2005, the two-time world champion has already gone a long way in his boxing career.
Apr 12, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Manny Pacquiao celebrates his victory over Timothy Bradley (not pictured) after their WBO World Welterweight Title bout at MGM Grand Garden Arena. Pacquiao won via unanimous decision. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
"So much has happened since then. I've come back from losses and won world titles," the 27-year old said via The Guardian. "I've boxed in the UK and America, won fight of the year and moved up three weight classes. I've achieved so much and I'm still only 27."
The world-class boxer appears to know how to choose his opponents by expressing his desire to fight with the undefeated Floyd Mayweather and the eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao.
Mayweather has already decided to fight a rematch with Marcos Maidana, who was previously defeated by Khan in 2010. Their first fight was an expected easy win for the American boxer but it is apparent that age has been catching up for Mayweather.
The young English boxer said that Mayweather won but it was not an easy fight. He added that if Mayweather had fought him, the outcome would turn out different because he is much faster.
Khan also said that he is willing to fight the Filipino pound-for-pound king, Manny Pacquiao anywhere, even in Dubai. However, the chances are slim because Dubai is not yet ready to host a big boxing event of such magnitude and Pacquiao has already confirmed a fight with Chris Algieri later this year.
"Boxing is all about timing and Manny and Floyd are getting older. Someone has to take their place. Mayweather would be a very technical fight, like a game of chess. But I think Manny would be harder. He's much more aggressive and it would be more intense," said when he's asked to compare Pacquiao and Mayweather."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation