Amir Khan Hopes to Fight Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | August 7, 2014 12:20 PM EST
Amir Khan is one of the most exciting young boxers today. After his professional debut in 2005, the two-time world champion has already gone a long way in his boxing career.
Apr 12, 2014; Las Vegas, NV, USA; Manny Pacquiao celebrates his victory over Timothy Bradley (not pictured) after their WBO World Welterweight Title bout at MGM Grand Garden Arena. Pacquiao won via unanimous decision. Mandatory Credit: Joe Camporeale-USA TODAY Sports
"So much has happened since then. I've come back from losses and won world titles," the 27-year old said via The Guardian. "I've boxed in the UK and America, won fight of the year and moved up three weight classes. I've achieved so much and I'm still only 27."
The world-class boxer appears to know how to choose his opponents by expressing his desire to fight with the undefeated Floyd Mayweather and the eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao.
Mayweather has already decided to fight a rematch with Marcos Maidana, who was previously defeated by Khan in 2010. Their first fight was an expected easy win for the American boxer but it is apparent that age has been catching up for Mayweather.
The young English boxer said that Mayweather won but it was not an easy fight. He added that if Mayweather had fought him, the outcome would turn out different because he is much faster.
Khan also said that he is willing to fight the Filipino pound-for-pound king, Manny Pacquiao anywhere, even in Dubai. However, the chances are slim because Dubai is not yet ready to host a big boxing event of such magnitude and Pacquiao has already confirmed a fight with Chris Algieri later this year.
"Boxing is all about timing and Manny and Floyd are getting older. Someone has to take their place. Mayweather would be a very technical fight, like a game of chess. But I think Manny would be harder. He's much more aggressive and it would be more intense," said when he's asked to compare Pacquiao and Mayweather."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- Marin Cilic Is The Third-Highest Earner On ATP Tour With His $3M US Open Prize Money
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone