Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Confirm Signing of Defender Victor Manquillo from Atletico Madrid
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 7, 2014 12:19 PM EST
Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Atletico Madrid defender Victor Manquillo on the club's official website.
"Liverpool FC have today completed the loan signing of Spanish youth international Javier Manquillo from La Liga champions Atletico Madrid," a report on Liverpoolfc.com read.
Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports
Liverpool FC manager Brendan Rodgers reacts during the second half of a game against Manchester City FC at Yankee Stadium.
The 20-year-old, who has represented Spain's youth ranks since he was 17, doesn't have much to boast in terms of experience in the senior ranks, as he only made a total of six appearances in the La Liga since 2011.
Nevertheless, the natural right-back, who is regarded as a very promising player and could be the next big thing in his position, is versatile enough to be deployed on the left side of the pitch as he did with the Rojiblancos.
"I'm very happy to have signed for a club like Liverpool. I think it's one of the biggest in Europe. Any footballer would want to come and play here," said Manquillo.
"When they tell you Liverpool want to sign you, I think like any player, you are going to be absolutely amazed and you don't think of anything else than going straight there."
"It's a team that nowadays, as I said before, any player would want to be a part of."
The Madrid native is expected to be fielded-in should the first-choice defense man on the left - Jose Enrique - who is rather prone to injuries, suffer another setback in the upcoming season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar