Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Confirm Signing of Defender Victor Manquillo from Atletico Madrid
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 7, 2014 12:19 PM EST
Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Atletico Madrid defender Victor Manquillo on the club's official website.
"Liverpool FC have today completed the loan signing of Spanish youth international Javier Manquillo from La Liga champions Atletico Madrid," a report on Liverpoolfc.com read.
Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports
Liverpool FC manager Brendan Rodgers reacts during the second half of a game against Manchester City FC at Yankee Stadium.
The 20-year-old, who has represented Spain's youth ranks since he was 17, doesn't have much to boast in terms of experience in the senior ranks, as he only made a total of six appearances in the La Liga since 2011.
Nevertheless, the natural right-back, who is regarded as a very promising player and could be the next big thing in his position, is versatile enough to be deployed on the left side of the pitch as he did with the Rojiblancos.
"I'm very happy to have signed for a club like Liverpool. I think it's one of the biggest in Europe. Any footballer would want to come and play here," said Manquillo.
"When they tell you Liverpool want to sign you, I think like any player, you are going to be absolutely amazed and you don't think of anything else than going straight there."
"It's a team that nowadays, as I said before, any player would want to be a part of."
The Madrid native is expected to be fielded-in should the first-choice defense man on the left - Jose Enrique - who is rather prone to injuries, suffer another setback in the upcoming season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]