Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Confirm Signing of Defender Victor Manquillo from Atletico Madrid
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 7, 2014 12:19 PM EST
Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Atletico Madrid defender Victor Manquillo on the club's official website.
"Liverpool FC have today completed the loan signing of Spanish youth international Javier Manquillo from La Liga champions Atletico Madrid," a report on Liverpoolfc.com read.
Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports
Liverpool FC manager Brendan Rodgers reacts during the second half of a game against Manchester City FC at Yankee Stadium.
The 20-year-old, who has represented Spain's youth ranks since he was 17, doesn't have much to boast in terms of experience in the senior ranks, as he only made a total of six appearances in the La Liga since 2011.
Nevertheless, the natural right-back, who is regarded as a very promising player and could be the next big thing in his position, is versatile enough to be deployed on the left side of the pitch as he did with the Rojiblancos.
"I'm very happy to have signed for a club like Liverpool. I think it's one of the biggest in Europe. Any footballer would want to come and play here," said Manquillo.
"When they tell you Liverpool want to sign you, I think like any player, you are going to be absolutely amazed and you don't think of anything else than going straight there."
"It's a team that nowadays, as I said before, any player would want to be a part of."
The Madrid native is expected to be fielded-in should the first-choice defense man on the left - Jose Enrique - who is rather prone to injuries, suffer another setback in the upcoming season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Manchester United Owners Set To Sell Club In £3B Deal After Acquiring Cristiano Ronaldo, Report Says
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes