Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Confirm Signing of Defender Victor Manquillo from Atletico Madrid
By Mark Wayne Eubank | August 7, 2014 12:19 PM EST
Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Atletico Madrid defender Victor Manquillo on the club's official website.
"Liverpool FC have today completed the loan signing of Spanish youth international Javier Manquillo from La Liga champions Atletico Madrid," a report on Liverpoolfc.com read.
Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports
Liverpool FC manager Brendan Rodgers reacts during the second half of a game against Manchester City FC at Yankee Stadium.
The 20-year-old, who has represented Spain's youth ranks since he was 17, doesn't have much to boast in terms of experience in the senior ranks, as he only made a total of six appearances in the La Liga since 2011.
Nevertheless, the natural right-back, who is regarded as a very promising player and could be the next big thing in his position, is versatile enough to be deployed on the left side of the pitch as he did with the Rojiblancos.
"I'm very happy to have signed for a club like Liverpool. I think it's one of the biggest in Europe. Any footballer would want to come and play here," said Manquillo.
"When they tell you Liverpool want to sign you, I think like any player, you are going to be absolutely amazed and you don't think of anything else than going straight there."
"It's a team that nowadays, as I said before, any player would want to be a part of."
The Madrid native is expected to be fielded-in should the first-choice defense man on the left - Jose Enrique - who is rather prone to injuries, suffer another setback in the upcoming season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS