Sony Xperia M2 (Dual-Sim) vs. Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (Dual-Sim) – Specifications, Features and Price Comparison
By Pavithra Rathinavel | August 7, 2014 11:51 AM EST
The Sony Xperia M2 was released in April 2014, while the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo was released in February. Readers who are interested in purchasing the Sony Xperia M2 or the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo should check out this specification, features and price comparison.
Display, Exterior and Size
The Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo features a 5.1-inch TFT display bundled with 480 x 800 pixels screen resolution. The Sony Xperia M2, on the other hand, comes with a 4.8-inch TFT display along with 540 x 960 pixels resolution. Also, the pixel density of the Galaxy Grand Neo and the Xperia M2 stand at 186 ppi and 229 ppi respectively.
When it comes to exterior, the Sony Xperia M2 comes with a plastic body unlike the high-end Xperia devices, which keeps the handset's weight in check. However, the shiny plastic rear is prone to fingerprints and scratches, says Tech Radar. Meanwhile, the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo features curved edges and the exterior is made of plastic with matte finish. The matte effect on the rear provides good grip, hence there is less of fingerprints and scratches, says Phone Arena.
The thickness and the weight of the Galaxy Grand Neo are 0.38-inch and 163 g respectively, while the Xperia M2 is 0.34-inch thick and weighs 148 g. Hence, the Sony handset is both thinner and lighter when compared to the Samsung handset.
Hardware, Software and Memory
The Sony Xperia M2 is powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 400) Cortex-A7 processor, clocked at 1.2 GHz The Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo, on the other hand, is powered by a quad-core (Broadcom BCM23550) Cortex-A7 processor, clocked at 1.2 GHz. Both the handsets house the same 1 GB of RAM. Moreover, the Xperia M2 runs on Android OS v4.3 Jelly Bean (upgradable to higher versions), while the Galaxy Grand Neo runs on Android OS v4.2 Jelly Bean.
Also, the Xperia M2 comes with 8 GB of internal storage and microSD card support for expansion up to 32 GB. Whereas the Galaxy Grand Neo comes with 8 GB and 16 GB of memory and expansion capacity up to 64 GB.
Camera and Battery
The Galaxy Grand New sports a 5 MP rear-facing camera unit with LED flash, whereas the Xperia M2 houses a good 8 MP rear-facing camera with LED flash. In addition, both the phones house the same VGA shooter in the front.
The Galaxy Grand Neo houses a Li-Ion 2100 mAh user-replaceable battery unit, whereas the Sony Xperia M2 houses a relatively better Li-Ion 2300 mAh non-removable battery unit.
Galaxy Grand Neo
Connectivity, SIM and Colour
Both the phones support Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11, Wi-Fi hotspot and USB charging. When it comes to SIM, both the handsets support dual-sim. However, the Xperia handset comes with single-sim variant as well. The Sony handset comes with micro-sim support, whereas the Samsung handset provides mini-sim support. In addition, the Xperia M2 comes equipped with support for NFC, while the Galaxy Grand Neo doesn't.
Furthermore, the Sony Xperia M2 comes in black, white and purple hues. The Samsung Galaxy grand Neo, meanwhile, comes in white, black, orange, and green. However, not all colours are widely available.
The Sony Xperia M2 (Dual-Sim) can be purchased at AU$319.95, while the Single-Sim variant is priced at AU$299.95. The Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (Duos or Dual-Sim), on the other hand, can be purchased for AU$269.95 in Australia.
1. Motorola Moto G (4G LTE) Available for $179.99 at Best Buy (Hurry, Limited Period Offer) - [Read]
2. Oppo N1 Mini with Killer 24 MP Ultra HD Camera, 5-Inch Display, 2 GB RAM in the Offing; Price and Specifications Listed - [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys