Xbox One at Gamescom: No Price Cut Before Event; Forza Horizon 2 Reveals More Cars Before Major Showcase
By Gel Galang | August 7, 2014 10:28 AM EST
After the Xbox One price cut as well as the unbundling of the Kinect 2.0 from the next-gen console, it seemed that Microsoft is already on its way to finally doing battle with Sony's PS4 in the console war.
An attendee uses her smartphone in front of a giant Microsoft Xbox sign at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
However, some people may have been expecting Microsoft to slash the price off even further, especially after a rumour of a lower priced Xbox One was spotted by a Reddit user.
TrustedReviews reports that previously, a user of NeoGAF had spotted a €349.99 price tag for the Xbox One through the official Spanish Xbox website. This means a €50 discount, putting it at the same level as the PS4.
This would have been far from what was expected, given what was said by those in the Xbox department about the performance of sales.
"Our momentum has really improved in the past weeks and months and we're obviously really happy about that. And by momentum, I mean sales," said Xbox marketing director Harvey Eagle in a previous interview quoted by TrustedReviews.
However, Microsoft has already disconfirmed the price cut rumour, stating that the listing was only an error in publishing, and not a purported early leak of a potential price cut. Furthermore, the company has firmly stated that they no longer have any more plans of lowering the price.
'Forza Horizon 2' Gets 15 More Cars Revealed
No further price cuts can mean that the Xbox One is really gaining its lost momentum to Sony. And this can also be seen in its upcoming games.
One fo the most anticipated is "Forza Horizon 2,"which has just revealed 15 more cars via the Xbox One just less than a week before Gamescom.
Over the Xbox Wire, the list of 15 cars has been detailed, but it seems that these are just a sliver of the promised 200 cars at launch on September 30.
The 15 cars for the week for "Forza Horizon 2" include the following:
- 1992 Lancia Delta HF Integrale EVO
- 1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II
- 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
- 2012 Hennessey Venom GT
- 2013 Ariel Atom 500 V8
- 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe
- 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
- 1971 Plymouth Cuda 426 HEMI
- 1977 Ford Escort RS1800
- 2013 Mazda MX-5
- 1970 Nissan Datsun 510
- 1980 Renault 5 Turbo
- 1974 Toyota Celica GT
- 2003 Volkswagen Golf R32
- 1983 Audi Sport quattro
"Forza Horizon 2" has even received a nomination at Gamescom, making it one of Microsoft's six nominated games for the event, according to DualShockers. "Forza Horizon 2" has been listed under the Best Sports Game category, together with "FIFA 15" and "PES2015."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions