Xbox One at Gamescom: No Price Cut Before Event; Forza Horizon 2 Reveals More Cars Before Major Showcase
By Gel Galang | August 7, 2014 10:28 AM EST
After the Xbox One price cut as well as the unbundling of the Kinect 2.0 from the next-gen console, it seemed that Microsoft is already on its way to finally doing battle with Sony's PS4 in the console war.
An attendee uses her smartphone in front of a giant Microsoft Xbox sign at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
However, some people may have been expecting Microsoft to slash the price off even further, especially after a rumour of a lower priced Xbox One was spotted by a Reddit user.
TrustedReviews reports that previously, a user of NeoGAF had spotted a €349.99 price tag for the Xbox One through the official Spanish Xbox website. This means a €50 discount, putting it at the same level as the PS4.
This would have been far from what was expected, given what was said by those in the Xbox department about the performance of sales.
"Our momentum has really improved in the past weeks and months and we're obviously really happy about that. And by momentum, I mean sales," said Xbox marketing director Harvey Eagle in a previous interview quoted by TrustedReviews.
However, Microsoft has already disconfirmed the price cut rumour, stating that the listing was only an error in publishing, and not a purported early leak of a potential price cut. Furthermore, the company has firmly stated that they no longer have any more plans of lowering the price.
'Forza Horizon 2' Gets 15 More Cars Revealed
No further price cuts can mean that the Xbox One is really gaining its lost momentum to Sony. And this can also be seen in its upcoming games.
One fo the most anticipated is "Forza Horizon 2,"which has just revealed 15 more cars via the Xbox One just less than a week before Gamescom.
Over the Xbox Wire, the list of 15 cars has been detailed, but it seems that these are just a sliver of the promised 200 cars at launch on September 30.
The 15 cars for the week for "Forza Horizon 2" include the following:
- 1992 Lancia Delta HF Integrale EVO
- 1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II
- 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
- 2012 Hennessey Venom GT
- 2013 Ariel Atom 500 V8
- 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe
- 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
- 1971 Plymouth Cuda 426 HEMI
- 1977 Ford Escort RS1800
- 2013 Mazda MX-5
- 1970 Nissan Datsun 510
- 1980 Renault 5 Turbo
- 1974 Toyota Celica GT
- 2003 Volkswagen Golf R32
- 1983 Audi Sport quattro
"Forza Horizon 2" has even received a nomination at Gamescom, making it one of Microsoft's six nominated games for the event, according to DualShockers. "Forza Horizon 2" has been listed under the Best Sports Game category, together with "FIFA 15" and "PES2015."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date