Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: 2 New Pokemon-Like Games to Check Out
By Gel Galang | August 7, 2014 10:24 AM EST
There are still three months to go before the official release date of "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," and the latest CoroCoro leaks are still expected to come out in the coming weeks.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Before getting into the groove of the upcoming Pokemon installment, here are some Pokemon-like games and one Pokemon card game that you may want to check out.
Moonrise: Solari as the New Pokemon
The "Pokemon" franchise is mainly about collecting all the Pokemons--hence the catchphrase, "Gotta catch 'em all!"--and then evolving them into other more powerful forms.
This similar principal is what makes developer Undead Labs' newest game following "State of Decay," exist on the similar plane as Nintendo's well-loved franchise.
Called "Moonrise," this new RPG title also puts you on a mission to collect Solari, creatures that will grow and evolve into new forms. These Solari creatures will also battle each other, but it seems that this game will be functioning more on the multiplayer side, with battles reportedly conducted in real-time.
GameSpot adds that there are quite a few new technologies that will be used in "Moonrise," including new design choices, the real-time combat and even a more sophisticated progression style.
But the catch here is that "Moonrise" is actually a free-to-play mobile game confirmed by the developers. This doesn't mean that the apocalyptic title "State of Decay" will no longer receive further updates, as Undead Labs reassured fans that there are still exciting projects coming to the title. But it's good game to try out before "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" comes out.
"Pokemon X and Y Furious Fists" TCG
Those who want to stick with the "Pokemon" franchise but would like to venture into the Trading Card Game scenario, the "Pokemon X and Y Furious Fists" is set to release next week.
Serebii already has some of details for pre-release, including the fact that majority of the cards from the Japanese Rising Fist set will also be featured in "Pokemon X and Y Furious Fists."
The Pokemon source also features a Pokedex of all the Pokemons included in the TCG, including the card name and details. "Pokemon X and Y Furious Fists" will be the third set released for the "Pokemon X and Y" franchise. The mechanics for this TCG will be the same as those followed in sets that featured Fairy-type and Mega Pokemons.
Pokebeach has managed to obtain the majority of the scans of the cards, so you can check them out before the "Pokemon X and Y Furious Fists" is released on August 13.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1