Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: 2 New Pokemon-Like Games to Check Out
By Gel Galang | August 7, 2014 10:24 AM EST
There are still three months to go before the official release date of "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," and the latest CoroCoro leaks are still expected to come out in the coming weeks.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
Before getting into the groove of the upcoming Pokemon installment, here are some Pokemon-like games and one Pokemon card game that you may want to check out.
Moonrise: Solari as the New Pokemon
The "Pokemon" franchise is mainly about collecting all the Pokemons--hence the catchphrase, "Gotta catch 'em all!"--and then evolving them into other more powerful forms.
This similar principal is what makes developer Undead Labs' newest game following "State of Decay," exist on the similar plane as Nintendo's well-loved franchise.
Called "Moonrise," this new RPG title also puts you on a mission to collect Solari, creatures that will grow and evolve into new forms. These Solari creatures will also battle each other, but it seems that this game will be functioning more on the multiplayer side, with battles reportedly conducted in real-time.
GameSpot adds that there are quite a few new technologies that will be used in "Moonrise," including new design choices, the real-time combat and even a more sophisticated progression style.
But the catch here is that "Moonrise" is actually a free-to-play mobile game confirmed by the developers. This doesn't mean that the apocalyptic title "State of Decay" will no longer receive further updates, as Undead Labs reassured fans that there are still exciting projects coming to the title. But it's good game to try out before "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" comes out.
"Pokemon X and Y Furious Fists" TCG
Those who want to stick with the "Pokemon" franchise but would like to venture into the Trading Card Game scenario, the "Pokemon X and Y Furious Fists" is set to release next week.
Serebii already has some of details for pre-release, including the fact that majority of the cards from the Japanese Rising Fist set will also be featured in "Pokemon X and Y Furious Fists."
The Pokemon source also features a Pokedex of all the Pokemons included in the TCG, including the card name and details. "Pokemon X and Y Furious Fists" will be the third set released for the "Pokemon X and Y" franchise. The mechanics for this TCG will be the same as those followed in sets that featured Fairy-type and Mega Pokemons.
Pokebeach has managed to obtain the majority of the scans of the cards, so you can check them out before the "Pokemon X and Y Furious Fists" is released on August 13.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]