Nicole Murphy Publicly Announces Break up as Michael Strahan was Inducted to Hall of Fame, Split Reportedly Provoked by 'Proof' of Other Woman
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | August 6, 2014 3:43 PM EST
After five years of engagement, Nicole Murphy and Michael Strahan had called their off their relationship. In a bizarre coincidence, the retired football player learned that the 46-year old beauty had publicly announced their break up just at the exact moment while he was inducted to Hall of Fame.
According to a report from TMZ, the Web site reported that Murphy first learned about Strahan's unfaithfulness in early July. She started investigating, finally got her proof on Friday and immediately went public. It turned out, Murphy was right in the middle of accepting his official Hall of Fame yellow blazer when he learned the news about the break up.
TMZ further reported that according to Strahan's camp the public announcement was vent to ruin the biggest moment of Strahan's career. But Murphy's side said that it was not the case. The break up announcement was just the very the same time when the model had obtained "proof" of Strahan's involvement with another woman. There was no mention though what proof she had obtained.
People Magazine had already reported the couple's break up on Aug. 1 which was a day before the induction ceremony. According to the report, Nicole Murphy and Michael Strahan love each other but had found it hard to maintain the relationship with the work schedule and the distance.
Strahan was reportedly "blinded" when he learned the announcement that they will be breaking up for good. Oddly enough, the former NY Giants star opened his Hall of fame speech with the words: "This has been the best weekend of my life."
The 46-year old VH1 model was previously married to Eddie Murphy while the Strahan was viciously divorced from his second wife Jean Muggli.
The couple started dating in 2007 and early on Murphy shared to People Magazine about her hesitation to join again the dating pool. But the couple was equally smitten with each other. Murphy shared in 2008 that they both talk about everything. They also shared the same love for travel, laugh, and exploration.
Nicole Murphy and Michael Strahan were engaged in 2009 and have nine children between them. Throughout the five-year engagement, the couple had kept their personal lives private.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS