How Kate Middleton Lost Pregnancy Weight: Raw Food Diet
By Afza Fathima | August 6, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, had all eyes on her as she slimmed down to a great extent after her pregnancy with George. Her diet plan has been the topic of all conversation for many years. Her weight loss, her fitness regime and better skin is being credited to her eating only raw foods. Fans, who saw her during her visit to Australia and New Zealand in April, have remarked that she looks thinner in real life than in photos.
Britain's Prince George plays with his mother Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge's hair, during a Plunket play group event at Government House in Wellington, April 9, 2014. Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate are undertaking a 19-day official visit to New Zealand and Australia with their son George.
The Daily Mail had noted that Kate, who is a size six, has been on a raw-only regimen. The diet, in addition to losing the post baby weight, gives one glowing skin, healthy hair and strong nails. She has been having foods like ceviche (a raw fish that is marinated in lemons and spices), goji berries, gazpacho, watermelon salad, almond milk and tabbouleh.
Keri Gans, the author of 'The Small Change Diet', said that it is definitely smart to have a lot of raw fruits and vegetables but that doesn't mean that every other food item should be left untouched. She explained that Kate has been eating healthy foods but there hasn't been any evidence to show that raw food is better than cooked. She noted that this plan can help weed out and eliminate unhealthy food from one's diet.
Any diet that helps one stop eating processed foods that is rich in sugar and other carbohydrates can help the skin, hair and waistline. But it is not important that one should adopt a diet that revolves around only raw food.
Gans added that removing cooked items from one meal can have two drawbacks, one is that uncooked fish, meat and poultry has a lot of risks and she advises that those with a weak immune system or one who is expecting should not consume them raw. She also noted that social outings can also involve pressure from peers when on such a diet and that it is not practical for most of the people. Nutrients like lycopene are said to be better absorbed only when they are exposed to heat.
Actresses like Scarlett Johansson and Demi Moore have also been said to have followed the raw diet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' Star Kourtney Kardashian Blamed For Khloe's Weight Gain Through Social Media Messages
- Peter Quillin Claims That Adriana Lima Will Beat Gisele In The Boxing Ring; Adriana's Weight Loss Through Boxing and A Paleo Diet
- Caution to Diabetics: Artificial Sweeteners May Increase Blood Sugar Levels Based on Study
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy: Middleton's Morning Sickness Could Cause Risk Of Miscarriage[Watch Video]
- Ebola Update: Australian Aid Worker Appeals For More Field Hospitals, U.S. Steps Up Efforts To Fight Virus
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet