How Kate Middleton Lost Pregnancy Weight: Raw Food Diet
By Afza Fathima | August 6, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, had all eyes on her as she slimmed down to a great extent after her pregnancy with George. Her diet plan has been the topic of all conversation for many years. Her weight loss, her fitness regime and better skin is being credited to her eating only raw foods. Fans, who saw her during her visit to Australia and New Zealand in April, have remarked that she looks thinner in real life than in photos.
Britain's Prince George plays with his mother Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge's hair, during a Plunket play group event at Government House in Wellington, April 9, 2014. Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate are undertaking a 19-day official visit to New Zealand and Australia with their son George.
The Daily Mail had noted that Kate, who is a size six, has been on a raw-only regimen. The diet, in addition to losing the post baby weight, gives one glowing skin, healthy hair and strong nails. She has been having foods like ceviche (a raw fish that is marinated in lemons and spices), goji berries, gazpacho, watermelon salad, almond milk and tabbouleh.
Keri Gans, the author of 'The Small Change Diet', said that it is definitely smart to have a lot of raw fruits and vegetables but that doesn't mean that every other food item should be left untouched. She explained that Kate has been eating healthy foods but there hasn't been any evidence to show that raw food is better than cooked. She noted that this plan can help weed out and eliminate unhealthy food from one's diet.
Any diet that helps one stop eating processed foods that is rich in sugar and other carbohydrates can help the skin, hair and waistline. But it is not important that one should adopt a diet that revolves around only raw food.
Gans added that removing cooked items from one meal can have two drawbacks, one is that uncooked fish, meat and poultry has a lot of risks and she advises that those with a weak immune system or one who is expecting should not consume them raw. She also noted that social outings can also involve pressure from peers when on such a diet and that it is not practical for most of the people. Nutrients like lycopene are said to be better absorbed only when they are exposed to heat.
Actresses like Scarlett Johansson and Demi Moore have also been said to have followed the raw diet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Travel Alert: Over 200 Canadians Infected with Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Virus
- US Dedicates 5 Airports for Travellers From Ebola-Stricken Nations, Lawmakers Want Travel Ban
- WHO Declares Nigeria Ebola-Free, Urges Other Nations To Replicate Success Story
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’