How Kate Middleton Lost Pregnancy Weight: Raw Food Diet
By Afza Fathima | August 6, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, had all eyes on her as she slimmed down to a great extent after her pregnancy with George. Her diet plan has been the topic of all conversation for many years. Her weight loss, her fitness regime and better skin is being credited to her eating only raw foods. Fans, who saw her during her visit to Australia and New Zealand in April, have remarked that she looks thinner in real life than in photos.
Britain's Prince George plays with his mother Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge's hair, during a Plunket play group event at Government House in Wellington, April 9, 2014. Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate are undertaking a 19-day official visit to New Zealand and Australia with their son George.
The Daily Mail had noted that Kate, who is a size six, has been on a raw-only regimen. The diet, in addition to losing the post baby weight, gives one glowing skin, healthy hair and strong nails. She has been having foods like ceviche (a raw fish that is marinated in lemons and spices), goji berries, gazpacho, watermelon salad, almond milk and tabbouleh.
Keri Gans, the author of 'The Small Change Diet', said that it is definitely smart to have a lot of raw fruits and vegetables but that doesn't mean that every other food item should be left untouched. She explained that Kate has been eating healthy foods but there hasn't been any evidence to show that raw food is better than cooked. She noted that this plan can help weed out and eliminate unhealthy food from one's diet.
Any diet that helps one stop eating processed foods that is rich in sugar and other carbohydrates can help the skin, hair and waistline. But it is not important that one should adopt a diet that revolves around only raw food.
Gans added that removing cooked items from one meal can have two drawbacks, one is that uncooked fish, meat and poultry has a lot of risks and she advises that those with a weak immune system or one who is expecting should not consume them raw. She also noted that social outings can also involve pressure from peers when on such a diet and that it is not practical for most of the people. Nutrients like lycopene are said to be better absorbed only when they are exposed to heat.
Actresses like Scarlett Johansson and Demi Moore have also been said to have followed the raw diet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sex In The City Actress Kim Cattrall Embraces Menopause
- A Baby Shot In The Head Due To Hunting Accident In Pennsylvania; Chances of Blindness
- Reasons Kate Middleton Cancelled Royal Duties: Weight Gain, Growing Baby Bump, Bloated Face
- An Apple A Day Keeps Obesity Away: Finds New Study
- Ebola Leaves Children Unwanted And Rejected: UNICEF Reports
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money