How Kate Middleton Lost Pregnancy Weight: Raw Food Diet
By Afza Fathima | August 6, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, had all eyes on her as she slimmed down to a great extent after her pregnancy with George. Her diet plan has been the topic of all conversation for many years. Her weight loss, her fitness regime and better skin is being credited to her eating only raw foods. Fans, who saw her during her visit to Australia and New Zealand in April, have remarked that she looks thinner in real life than in photos.
Britain's Prince George plays with his mother Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge's hair, during a Plunket play group event at Government House in Wellington, April 9, 2014. Britain's Prince William and his wife Kate are undertaking a 19-day official visit to New Zealand and Australia with their son George.
The Daily Mail had noted that Kate, who is a size six, has been on a raw-only regimen. The diet, in addition to losing the post baby weight, gives one glowing skin, healthy hair and strong nails. She has been having foods like ceviche (a raw fish that is marinated in lemons and spices), goji berries, gazpacho, watermelon salad, almond milk and tabbouleh.
Keri Gans, the author of 'The Small Change Diet', said that it is definitely smart to have a lot of raw fruits and vegetables but that doesn't mean that every other food item should be left untouched. She explained that Kate has been eating healthy foods but there hasn't been any evidence to show that raw food is better than cooked. She noted that this plan can help weed out and eliminate unhealthy food from one's diet.
Any diet that helps one stop eating processed foods that is rich in sugar and other carbohydrates can help the skin, hair and waistline. But it is not important that one should adopt a diet that revolves around only raw food.
Gans added that removing cooked items from one meal can have two drawbacks, one is that uncooked fish, meat and poultry has a lot of risks and she advises that those with a weak immune system or one who is expecting should not consume them raw. She also noted that social outings can also involve pressure from peers when on such a diet and that it is not practical for most of the people. Nutrients like lycopene are said to be better absorbed only when they are exposed to heat.
Actresses like Scarlett Johansson and Demi Moore have also been said to have followed the raw diet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Australia to Host Human Tests for New Brain Tumour Treatment
- Girl Gives Free Testicle Exams On International Men’s Day For Charity, Simple Pickup Donates To Movember
- Movember Ends With Shave-Off
- Viral 'Do They Know Its Christmas?' Video With Ed Sheeran, One Direction, Sam Smith Raises $1.5 Million For Ebola In Minutes
- Ellen DeGeneres Gives El Cajon Man With Viral Weight Loss Video Ford Mustang
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft