Serena Williams Walks Out at Montreal Press Conference When Asked About Wimbledon Incident
By Dana Alyssa Ramos | August 6, 2014 2:50 PM EST
Serena Williams arrived in Montreal on Monday for her upcoming game in the Rogers Cup. It has been 14 years since the world no.1 set foot in Montreal but her introductory press conference wasn't exactly the warm kind after a reporter brought up the tennis superstar's exit at the doubles match with Venus Williams at Wimbledon.
Serena Williams of the U.S. competes in a women's singles match against Garbine Muguruza of Spain at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris May 28, 2014.
The 17-time Grand Slam champion arrived at the press conference looking a little rough around the edges coming from an overnight flight without sleep but the 32-year old managed to put her Serena face on and handled a couple of hard hitting questions.
After a few questions, it appears that the American had enough and when a reporter asked, "Do you understand why people found Wimbledon so frightening to watch you there," Williams answered, "We talked about that last week. I think you missed that one. Thank you."
Serena Williams proceeded to remove her microphone and left through the door behind a WTA Tour PR representative without a backward glance.
Williams discussed the Wimbledon incident last week at the Bank of the West tournament, calling it "scary."
Apparently, the tennis superstar does not feel like talking about it again.
This isn't the first time that the five-time Wimbledon champion got frustrated by media questions. In fact, a grumpy Serena pleaded to cut her Wimbledon media session to be cut short because she's quite irritated with the line of questioning last June 26.
On the other hand, the top-ranked tennis superstar is hopeful to bag her 18th Grand Slam title at the U.S. Open after her Standford title.
"The summer tournaments, I'm trying to do my best, not in the tournaments but in each match more than anything, just try to improve with each match," Williams said via the Sydney Morning Herald.
"As for chasing the 18th one, that thing has been avoiding me so hopefully one day I'll catch up with it."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet