Microsoft Rules Out Fresh Price Cuts For The Xbox One, White Colored Xbox One Spotted in French Site
By Sovan Mandal | August 6, 2014 1:29 PM EST
The Xbox One could be headed towards another round of price cut in Europe to further boost its sales; a section of the press has been actively speculating. Microsoft though stepped in right on time before the rumor could be seen raging like a wild fire, stating there are no price cuts being planned for the gaming console right now. What this implies is that the Xbox One will continue to retail for the 399.99 Euros for the Kinect less version, a price point that was introduced in Feb to help draw parity with the Sony PlayStation 4.
Satya Nadella, Microsoft Corp chief executive, attends the unveil event of the new Microsoft Surface Pro 3 in New York in this file photo taken May 20, 2014. Nadella committed to develop its Xbox gaming platform in a letter to company employees, quashing rumors that the unit might be spun off.
All of it started after it was mentiond in NeoGAF found the Xbox One listed for a lower price tag of 349.99 Euros which led many to speculate if the gaming console will benefit from fresh price cuts. However, there has always been an iota of doubt in the entire episode considering the listing was only mentioned in the mobile version of the Spanish Xbox One site while the desktop version of the same continued with the original price tag of 399.99 Euros. Unfortunately for those who might have been expecting the Xbox One to be made even cheaper, Microsoft ruled out any further price adjustment for the gaming console.
The above development has come at a time when the gaming sites around the world are busy portraying the latest Sony PlayStation 4 to be a far bigger success story compared to the Microsoft device. Media Control GfK even has the respective sales numbers, claiming 540,000 number of PlayStation 4 sold since launch 9 months ago compared to just 170,000 units of the Xbox One, mentions CravesOnline. The above figures are applicable for Germany alone though the site further states that nearly 9 million units of the PlayStation 4 has been sold worldwide compared to 5 million units of the Xbox One.
Meanwhile, in another related development, a Xbox One donned in white has been spotted online, sparking speculation as to when the white version is slated to go on sale. While the same is available to employees of the Redmond company, a French site Micromania has listed a white Xbox One, reports XboxYGen. The particular device has been mentioned Xbox One Blance. Worth mentioning here, Blance means White in French.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast