Assassin’s Creed Rogue Makes Official Debut on PS3, Xbox 360, Trailer Reveals Release Date
By Gel Galang | August 6, 2014 1:14 PM EST
Speculations have been proven true once more as Ubisoft announces its other AC game titled "Assassin's Creed: Rogue."
Before the official announcement was featured on the Ubisoft Blog, VG 24/7 managed to spot a few screenshots leaked off of Access The Animus, which basically confirmed "Assassin's Creed: Rogue" before it even became official.
A woman dressed as Marie Antoinette from the video game "Assassin's Creed: Unity" promotes the game in the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
As can be seen in the screenshots in the link above, a ship is part of "The Ultimate Hunter Pack" but the hero also carries land weapons, which shows that the gameplay will feature both land and sea action.
Meet Shay Patrick Cormack, the Deserter in 'Assassin's Creed: Rogue'
Over at the Ubisoft Blog, the developers give a quick look at the hero of "Assassin's Creed: Rogue"
Compared to the hero for "Assassin's Creed Unity," the gentlemanly and classic Arno Dorian, the hero for the PS3 and Xbox 360 version game is named Shay Patrick Cormac and his history may be one weaved with betrayal.
Shay is part of the Assassin Brotherhood, but had to deal with the pain of being betrayed. Now, he is fueled by vengeance, with the sole mission of eliminating Assassins.
Because of this, Ubisoft claims that this will be the darkest chapter of the franchise to date, as the protagonist is going from Assassin to Templar.
The storyline of "Assassin's Creed: Rogue will be set in North America, back in the 18th century of the Seven Years' War, and will serve as the conclusion following "Assassin's Creed III" and "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag."
"We know that there are many Assassin's Creed fans with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles who want to get their hands on a new Assassin's Creed game this year," says Martin Capel, Game Director, Ubisoft Sofia.
Ubisoft Sofia will be spearheading the development of "Assassin's Creed: Rogue," with collaborations from other Ubisoft studios including Montreal, Singapore, Milan, Quebec, Chengdu and Bucharest.
Game Informer also gets a first-hand look behind "Assassin's Creed: Rogue," as it will be featuring the title as their September issue. According to the teaser coverage, one important detail that was mentioned was the fact that "Assassin's Creed: Rogue" will play a major role in the Kenway saga. In addition, Shay is fueled not only by the betrayal, but also the fact that the Seven Years' War has contributed much to the financial troubles that are plaguing France and its people in "Assassin's Creed Unity."
There's already a release date listed, which is a global release on November 11 except for France, which will get it on November 12. "Assassin's Creed: Rogue will be out for the Xbox 360 and PS3 only.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best