Assassin’s Creed Rogue Makes Official Debut on PS3, Xbox 360, Trailer Reveals Release Date
By Gel Galang | August 6, 2014 1:14 PM EST
Speculations have been proven true once more as Ubisoft announces its other AC game titled "Assassin's Creed: Rogue."
Before the official announcement was featured on the Ubisoft Blog, VG 24/7 managed to spot a few screenshots leaked off of Access The Animus, which basically confirmed "Assassin's Creed: Rogue" before it even became official.
A woman dressed as Marie Antoinette from the video game "Assassin's Creed: Unity" promotes the game in the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
As can be seen in the screenshots in the link above, a ship is part of "The Ultimate Hunter Pack" but the hero also carries land weapons, which shows that the gameplay will feature both land and sea action.
Meet Shay Patrick Cormack, the Deserter in 'Assassin's Creed: Rogue'
Over at the Ubisoft Blog, the developers give a quick look at the hero of "Assassin's Creed: Rogue"
Compared to the hero for "Assassin's Creed Unity," the gentlemanly and classic Arno Dorian, the hero for the PS3 and Xbox 360 version game is named Shay Patrick Cormac and his history may be one weaved with betrayal.
Shay is part of the Assassin Brotherhood, but had to deal with the pain of being betrayed. Now, he is fueled by vengeance, with the sole mission of eliminating Assassins.
Because of this, Ubisoft claims that this will be the darkest chapter of the franchise to date, as the protagonist is going from Assassin to Templar.
The storyline of "Assassin's Creed: Rogue will be set in North America, back in the 18th century of the Seven Years' War, and will serve as the conclusion following "Assassin's Creed III" and "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag."
"We know that there are many Assassin's Creed fans with Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 consoles who want to get their hands on a new Assassin's Creed game this year," says Martin Capel, Game Director, Ubisoft Sofia.
Ubisoft Sofia will be spearheading the development of "Assassin's Creed: Rogue," with collaborations from other Ubisoft studios including Montreal, Singapore, Milan, Quebec, Chengdu and Bucharest.
Game Informer also gets a first-hand look behind "Assassin's Creed: Rogue," as it will be featuring the title as their September issue. According to the teaser coverage, one important detail that was mentioned was the fact that "Assassin's Creed: Rogue" will play a major role in the Kenway saga. In addition, Shay is fueled not only by the betrayal, but also the fact that the Seven Years' War has contributed much to the financial troubles that are plaguing France and its people in "Assassin's Creed Unity."
There's already a release date listed, which is a global release on November 11 except for France, which will get it on November 12. "Assassin's Creed: Rogue will be out for the Xbox 360 and PS3 only.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Bendable Galaxy S6 Release in 2015 Possible as Samsung Reveals Plans
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports