Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 vs. Asus ZenFone 5 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | August 6, 2014 1:12 PM EST
Released just three months apart, the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is slightly more expensive compared to the Asus ZenFone 5. Here is a look at the specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Muslim women take pictures of themselves with a Samsung Galaxy Grand smartphone in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd estimated that its January-March operating profit fell by 4.3 percent to 8.4 trillion won ($7.96 billion) as easing smartphone sales growth continued to weigh earnings down. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a 5.25-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Asus ZenFone 5 comes with a 5-inch IPS capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels.
The Asus ZenFone 5 has a slight edge in this category with 294 ppi pixels display density compared to the 280 ppi pixels display density on the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 measures 146.8 x 75.3 x 8.9 mm and weighs 163 grams. The Asus ZenFone 5 is very similar in design, measuring 148.2 x 72.8 x 10.34 mm. The device is lighter, weighing 145 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core Cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Asus ZenFone 5 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz dual core processor and Intel Atom Z2560 chipset. It comes in 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 has 1.5 GB of RAM and the Asus ZenFone 5 has 2 GB of RAM.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP. The Asus ZenFone 5 also sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G. The Asus ZenFone 5 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2110 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 18 hours and 30 minutes on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $379.95. The Asus ZenFone 5 8 GB variant is priced at around AU $229.95 and the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $269.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy